What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

hibidy
KVRAF

40576 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:48 am Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

I never upgraded. It's not my cuppa. I've heard too many complaints and I don't see a reason to upgrade. Maybe when it's matured a bit.
bungle
KVRist

275 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:45 pm Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

topaz wrote:Rant mode = on.

Wow, what planet where NI on when they worked on midi export in 2x

Unbelievably rubbish. Shame on you NI, and shame on you for taking so bloody long to fix it. :x :x

Rant mode = off

It works as expected here everytime
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
topaz
KVRAF

3731 posts since 14 Jul, 2001, from Kent, UK

Postby topaz; Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:51 pm Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

I'm glad you like the way it spits out separate midi tracks for each sound with absolutely no way to play back in a daw without jumping thru 5 minutes of hoops every time.

But for me and many more that make a living from music this is just plain wrong.

Never add a feature and take away a major one.
Complete Cycle, Big Beat Spy Soundtracks
http://www.completecycle.bandcamp.com
bungle
KVRist

275 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:56 am Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

Wow, so because i said it works as expected, you infer that i don't make a living out of music hahaha
I didn't say it was ideal, i said it works as expected, I didn't say i liked it, but luckily for me i use Reaper which takes about ten seconds to fix it with a macro.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
tonkatodd
KVRist

234 posts since 25 Jun, 2010

Postby tonkatodd; Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:05 am Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

I found Maschine when I brought it to be really disappointing and hardly ever used it at all but I like version 2 a lot more and use it frequently. Though I don't like the midi export compared to the old and I would like to zone map the synths like the samples instead of them being mapped across the keys. Also if it had more than 2 Aux's per channel I would use it a lot more, Even with 4 Aux's would be enough.
foosnark
KVRAF

2609 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:08 am Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

Check the release notes, the MIDI thing is changing in the next version.
Dewaine
KVRian

580 posts since 4 Aug, 2002, from United States

Postby Dewaine; Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:49 pm Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

Old MIDI export is coming back, prolly on next update.....

I am a Maschine Head/fanboy....whatever..... I love it.
Macbook Pro and Studio 1 (2)
NI Maschine MK1 & Maschine Studio - Yamaha P105 Piano - Gibson SG Faded electric - Fender tenor ukelele
https://soundcloud.com/bremen-cole
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6293 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:36 pm Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

I've searched and searched but can't find an answer to my query on Maschine.

Can I load something like Drumazon or Nepheton into it and sequence the internal sequencer via the pads on Maschine?

In other words, if I press Pad #1 will Drumazons first button sequencer button turn on?

The key phrase in all of the above is the internal sequencer; I'm not interested in triggering one shot hits.

TIA
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10219 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:46 pm Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

Mushy Mushy wrote:I've searched and searched but can't find an answer to my query on Maschine.

Can I load something like Drumazon or Nepheton into it and sequence the internal sequencer via the pads on Maschine?

In other words, if I press Pad #1 will Drumazons first button sequencer button turn on?

The key phrase in all of the above is the internal sequencer; I'm not interested in triggering one shot hits.

TIA

I'm 99.9999999999999% certain that isn't be possible.

It would be a function of Drumazon or Nephaton rather than Maschine itself, and it does not look like it's implemented from a quick scan of the D16 manuals.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:50 pm Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

Ah thought so. Thanks Andy 8)

Good news really. ~£400 saved.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10219 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:04 pm Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

If you're looking for a Maschine alternative, check out the M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro. It can't do what you just described (you need to hassle D16 about that), but it does have MIDI out without needing a computer in between i.e. Maschine needs to be connected via USB to use the normal MIDI port, but the TFP works 100% stand alone. It's a very nice piece of kit.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:08 pm Re: Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

ZenPunkHippy wrote:If you're looking for a Maschine alternative, check out the M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro. It can't do what you just described (you need to hassle D16 about that), but it does have MIDI out without needing a computer in between i.e. Maschine needs to be connected via USB to use the normal MIDI port, but the TFP works 100% stand alone. It's a very nice piece of kit.

I have investigated that. It's absolutely Massive though.

If anything I'm leaning toward the TR8 now.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)