FLStudio for Mac - confirmed O_O

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

spaceman wrote:That vector-only UI looks great.
not a fan of the WIP's i've seen so far, but im hoping it'll be better in the end.
was hoping that something so drastic would encourage a bolder overhaul tbh (losing the oldschool blue/green tint would be nice!)

I kind of like what they did with the windows8 touch version 'FL Groove'

might just be me though.. ;)

Yeah, FL Studio Groove looks awesome compared to the Mobile version.

FL Studio for Mac had to happen one day. Plenty of Mac Musicians out there.
Can this thread be erased?
Im tired of the fanboys and the clueless know it alls.

The Mobile version is just another app reskinned and with .flp export, no?
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

arp_laszlo wrote:The Mobile version is just another app reskinned and with .flp export, no?
Xewton Music Studio (same developers)
Not sure how much remains in common now though

arp_laszlo wrote:I doubt that their userbase has that many Mac users either, I don't think there were that many beta testers.
There are probably tons of Mac users among their customers, most of which switched to Mac during the past decade and miss FL.

Not surprised if there were few beta testers, though. You'd have to want to use a PC version on your Mac. I downloaded it and installed it, ran it for 30 minutes and remembered old times, then uninstalled it and wished for a pure Mac version. :party:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Same here - I was excited to try the beta and then realized that it was unlikely to ever work well enough to be usable. Props to IL for trying though.
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

arp_laszlo wrote:That it would. I doubt that their userbase has that many Mac users either, I don't think there were that many beta testers.
That would make sense, though. It's very likely the vast majority of current Mac users have always been on that platform, so FL Studio just isn't on their radar. There are tons of audio professionals on the Mac though, so this is a good long term business move for Image-Line. I think it'll pay off in the long run.

This is nice for people like me with tons of fruity stuff in their image line account who have gone mac. :)

TheoM wrote:This is nice for people like me with tons of fruity stuff in their image line account who have gone mac. :)
Amen, I miss Harmless!

Agree, never thought I would see the day.... but I am thrilled.....

I use Studio One, like it .... but FL has a special place.... Having it run native on my computer would be awesome.... dare I say it.... I would even pay a little for the update :)

To have FL with Maschine would be very rad, hip and cool....
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

well... I'm super excited. I hope it happens within a year.

arp_laszlo wrote:I find it interesting that most of the responses on this thread are from some real KVR old-timers, myself included, from 2002-2004. Are we old enough to realize this is like hell freezing over, based on how adamant IL have been on the subject over the years?
It's just how they are.. remember how long they fought against all things latency and refused to make any kind of latency compensation? Now they have that too..

It's just how they operate. :lol:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Ha, yes it is. This statement in their kbase is/was a much softer No than years past:
Just getting all this system dependent code from Deckadance (which was created more or less with porting in mind) and replacing it with bi-platform versions took almost 6 months. So we could multiply this by 50 for FL Studio with well over 1 million lines of code.
Delphi supporting Mac was revealed earlier this year so they must have had this in the works for awhile if JMC thinks a beta may be possible by the end of the year.

Wow… Although I haven't used it in years, I've always respected the hell out of them for continuing to honor my license. And Ive always thought it was a beautifully designed program with a fantastic interface… I don't mind the black myself. So, it would be pretty cool to go full circle with FL as I joined KVR 12 years ago after I purchased Fruity to get some tips…

:party:

Old fogies unite!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”