How about Jamstix?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jamstix is one of my favourite VSTi's, and I gladly threw out EZ Drummer when I got my Jamstix copy. An AI drummer - what more could one ask for?

A couple of years ago, I and more were hoping for a Jambass as well.

Now, there doesn't seem to be any news about Jamstix, nor much continued development. It's really a shame. :(

Here's hoping for a Jamstix evolution!

/SparkySpark
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:.......Now, there doesn't seem to be any news about Jamstix, nor much continued development. It's really a shame. :(

Here's hoping for a Jamstix evolution!

/SparkySpark
I'm not sure I follow SparkySpark. Their boards are filled with news about development.

Granted it's slow development but then what needs to be improved? Jamstix is solid as it is.

Once they get the OSX version out of beta the roadmap points to starting JamBassist.

This OSX version has given them a lot of trouble getting it solid and they want to make sure it is rock solid before release. After all, the Mac users have been waiting eons for Jamstix.

Ralph seems to be still heavily involved on the forum, taking time to respond to member's issues and giving news, when he can, about the development of Jamstix.

I'm thinking you have some Christmas money left over :hihi:

Patience Grasshopper :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote: After all, the Mac users have been waiting eons for Jamstix.
As one such user and a beta tester I can tell you that Jamstix OSX is coming along nicely. :)

eh? bunch of new AI expansion packs released recently, 3.6.x betas coming regularly, OSX in beta? if that doesn't count as development, i'm not sure what does.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Also JamBass is looking closer based on the changes to Jamstix to support it. I use Jamstix with BFD3 and it is just the perfect combination!

Jambass? That's sounds interesting. Actually I have never paid any antention to Jamstix och checked videos on youtube. I wish a lot of the futures would exist in Superior2. I might by Jamstix. I hate change velocitys and beats manually to make all the midiloops sound a little better.

How about license transfer? Total waste of money for me.

I use Jamstix on most productions. Other than Stylus RMX and Geist, Jamstix is the best percussion plugin I own. I would love to see a few changes - specifically a very easy way to change a drum groove to a fill (a right click menu option would be ideal) in the pattern sequencer. Other than that, 100% satisfied.

Mike

Mike,
Have you posted this to Ralph at the Jamstix forum? I am confident he would like to know these requests.

I have always found Ralph quite amiable and responsive (although it may take him a while to implement changes - he seems always very busy but takes time to respond to folks).

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

JamBass? Is that a dream, or is it really being considered?

Links to information/discussion about it??

http://rayzoon2.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

In the first post Ralph states that after the OSX version of Jamstix is good to go he plans to "restart" the JamBassist module.

In the last post of the thread Ralph states they are almost ready to go public beta on the
OSX Jamstix.

As he has been good to his word in the past I see no reason to doubt Ralph will keep his word on JamBassist.

Exciting year ahead! :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

thanks for info dsan

I remember buying Jamstix 1 in 2005 (I'm guessing the date) and jambass was being discussed back then. I upgraded to jamstix 2, which is a great product and I never felt the need to go to jamstix 3.

Ralph's a great guy, and I'll buy from him again, but I see jambass as 10 year old vaporware. That said, if it ever comes out, I will be an early customer.
Meh

I started with the 1st version of Jamstix and have upgraded every time. I LOVE the plugin and three is better than all the rest.

I will contact Ralph and ask him if that is something he can implement or if it can already be done and I don't know how.

Every musician should have some Jamstix in their lives.

Mike

Hey folks,

I tried Jamstix back in 2005/2006 and was really impressed with it. No other drum plugin can do what it does in terms of fluid percussive improvisation.

Recently, I downloaded it again and was really surprised with what they've done to the interface. I really don't like it at all.

In my opinion, they've got a great plugin with tons of outstanding features inside an ugly, confusing, outdated and non-intuitive interface. It's a relatively easy fix, though. I think they would reach a much broader audience if they reconsider their general brand identity and interface.

I was looking forward to test jambass back in 2005 as well. I'll make sure to try it whenever they release a demo. I totally understand the challenge behind programming an interactive auto-bass plugin, though; The complexity of the many variables involved is certainly overwhelming.

Raf.

Return to “Instruments”