Cyclop - Ableton Live & Midi Learn

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using Cyclop on a Mac in Ableton Live 9 Suite with a M-Audio Axiom Air Mini32 controller. I normally map the controller's knobs (the Ableton way) by expanding the device, selecting configure, and adding 8 parameters that I want to map. However, I decided to experiment with Cyclop's midi learn to see if I could switch between parameters a little faster.

If I right-click a control and select Learn, I can map that control to one of my knobs. However, Learn seems to stay on, causing the knob to then control whatever I click on next in Cyclop ad infinitum. Right-clicking a control and selecting clear has no effect. The only way I can get the knob to stop controlling anything in Cyclop is to remove the plugin from the track and re-add it.

Based on my use case, should the midi learn function work differently than I'm experiencing? Is this a bug?

Live v9.0.6
Cyclop v1.1.1

-n

Soo... Is this a bug? Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Am I doing something wrong?

As you describe it, it sounds like a bug.
I can'T reproduce it here on PC right now.
Are you on PC or Mac ?
Does this also happen in standalone mode or another host ?

Whelp.. I've been unable to reproduce the problem tonight. I don't know why it was misbehaving before, but midi learn (either through Cyclop's or through Logic or Live's) works fine.

Sorry for the confusion!

-n

Return to “Sugar Bytes”