The Headmaster (Acid Techno)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally liked the potential and the vocal implementation from the start.
Good character and sound to the track. Be happy listening to in the car or headphones.
Glad to have been part of the process.

...next :-)

Mushy Mushy wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I thought the same thing, "hands in the air", but if you're going to remix it, don't forget the over the top string synth line. :)

For a more subdued approach, you could take it down instead of up. Dropping out the top line suddenly can have a dramatic effect.
It's Acid mate, there is no down :D
Jokes aside I do understand and agree with you.

That's it for this one though. For now anyway. It was really starting to **** me off recently so I do need to move onto something new.

Many thanks for your invaluable insight and time :tu:
You got me to pull out my old acid/techno/trance records (yes, I have all the combinations, well not much trance, and no tarnce, that I'll admit to). I like the track, and I have a lot of records that have far less variation than this and they still hold me, I dunno. At any rate, I'm not sure that I gave you much "insight", more kibitzing and nonsense than anything else, and I'm just going to cop to it not being "invaluable."

At any rate, let's hear the next one :)

ghettosynth wrote:You got me to pull out my old acid/techno/trance records (yes, I have all the combinations, well not much trance, and no tarnce, that I'll admit to). I like the track, and I have a lot of records that have far less variation than this and they still hold me, I dunno. At any rate, I'm not sure that I gave you much "insight", more kibitzing and nonsense than anything else, and I'm just going to cop to it not being "invaluable."

At any rate, let's hear the next one :)
This is good. Hopefully you got down the Tinrib, Weirdo, Lab4, Kai Tracid, Routemasters, VCF's, SUF's.... Man I miss these vinyls. Need to dig them out myself.

Thanks again mate 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

ahhhh all that redoing work paid off, mushy. sounds good to me, i especially enjoyed the ryhthmic samples. well done! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:ahhhh all that redoing work paid off, mushy. sounds good to me, i especially enjoyed the ryhthmic samples. well done! :tu:
Many thanks as always layzer.

Presumably the "ryhthmic samples" you refer to are the TR909 rim shots?

This is even better than the second? version I listened to. There is more variation through the track, and the breakdowns seem to be more effective. Percussion works better, too.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:This is even better than the second? version I listened to. There is more variation through the track, and the breakdowns seem to be more effective. Percussion works better, too.

Good work :)
Oh seismic you do indeed do wonders to warm the cockles of ones heart..

Thanks very much for your listen and your er, warmth :o :oops:

Have given this one a bit more balls now too:
https://soundcloud.com/mushy-mushy/headmaster

nice work ;)

Still one of my favs of yours, nice work with the vocal sample.

Personally I think the kick is too in your face over the track for the genre...but I get it ;)

You've reworked both tracks now Mushy...what instigated the reproduction/rework?

MFXxx wrote:Still one of my favs of yours, nice work with the vocal sample.
Appreciate those kind words mate :hail:
MFXxx wrote:Personally I think the kick is too in your face over the track for the genre...but I get it ;)
Valid comment.
I think I went with such a ballsy kick to give it the energy. Usually the tempo would provide the energy, but this is a bit slower so wasn't really working until I beefed the kick up.
MFXxx wrote:You've reworked both tracks now Mushy...what instigated the reproduction/rework?
I was never really happen with the production on them previously. Monitors and listening environment didn't help. However I now have some shiny new DT880's I'm enjoying 8)

Brokkoli wrote:nice work ;)
Thanks for the listen :D

Return to “Music Cafe”