Absent - ElectroProg (Seismic Elegy)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

any1particular wrote:Am I floating in the abyss looking out at our marvelous planet Earth? Do I see Earth spinning gracefully in all her glory? Do I feel the awe that I am here listening to this LOVEly music? YES!!!!!

Nice job Tim.....this lovely track belongs in a movie...o-@
Thanks very much for stopping by to listen and comment, Chuck, and for the choice imagery. Glad you enjoyed it :D

nice mellow chill track, always enjoy the ultrasoniq choirs :love: the bass level could have been a tad lower...it kinda overpowered everything when it came in. then again, it added to a great build up! enjoyed regardless :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

polyslax wrote:Beautiful piece Tim! The undefined form works really well… seems to be this breathing, intertwining mosaic of sound. Very emotional and, as Frantz says, sombre. Really enjoyed it.
Cheers, Matt. Glad you liked it :) I'm hoping to make some more in a similar vein (maybe featuring some Strat abuse) after the next remix is done.

seismic1 wrote:I wrote the basic tracks for this in June 2012, and then had to abandon work when I was invited to the pub (or something in a similar vein). A couple of months ago, I rediscovered it on my hard drive just in time to complete the piece for the recent Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 2, which features almost 5 hours of ambient music from various artists

You seem to harbour under the illusion that your target audience are somehow drugged out of their minds.

I have seen you posting stuff before.

Naughty naughty.

If I was kind about it, I would say: either get some mental health help or stop bothering people here at KVR.

Or if I wasn't kind about it, yes, great stuff, keep it up, more of that kind of thing...

Really. If you are serious about this, then, you know...

Otherwise, why give people an excuse to lock you up?

This HAS been going on for quite a while now.

When does the point come for you when you need to get help?

Edit:

I seem to realise that not only have I probably made an enemy out of you, but I also probably have, out of those that respond to you, encouraging you in your antics. So be it.

Don't encourage him. In a future life, you shall be culpable. In fact, under many states of law, you shall be liable.

This is a case, probably best dealt by, by the state, however inadequate we might feel them to be.

Let us not interfere.

(Disclaimer: for those hard of humour, this whole post was a piss take and a 'rationale' on those that would be too quick to jump)

Happy whatever.

Great track Tim! Love the eerie empty start. It's hard not to over do things. Temptation resisted.
Panning is interesting/expertly done. The vocals are excellent. Brilliant strong bass really takes this to another plane. Powerful statement Tim! Well done. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

codec_spurt wrote:
You seem to harbour under the illusion that your target audience are somehow drugged out of their minds.

I have seen you posting stuff before.

Naughty naughty.

If I was kind about it, I would say: either get some mental health help or stop bothering people here at KVR.

Or if I wasn't kind about it, yes, great stuff, keep it up, more of that kind of thing...

Really. If you are serious about this, then, you know...

Otherwise, why give people an excuse to lock you up?

This HAS been going on for quite a while now.

When does the point come for you when you need to get help?

Edit:

I seem to realise that not only have I probably made an enemy out of you, but I also probably have, out of those that respond to you, encouraging you in your antics. So be it.

Don't encourage him. In a future life, you shall be culpable. In fact, under many states of law, you shall be liable.

This is a case, probably best dealt by, by the state, however inadequate we might feel them to be.

Let us not interfere.

(Disclaimer: for those hard of humour, this whole post was a piss take and a 'rationale' on those that would be too quick to jump)

Happy whatever.
wtf :nutter:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Mushy Mushy wrote:Oh boy that was eery and moody.
I felt my arm hairs rise :shock:
Shave 'em before you apply the wax. That does the trick for me :wink:
Mushy Mushy wrote: Lovely piece indeed :love:
Thanks very much for the great comments, Mushy Mushy. Glad you liked it :D

Jbravo wrote:I like it. It reminds me a bit of the recent Boards of Canada stuff :)
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, Jbravo. Glad you liked it :)

D.H. Miltz wrote:This is really good. I might have a new favorite seismic1/whatsisname piece. Thanks.
Thanks very much for the :tu: DHM. Glad you liked it :)

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote: The emotional reference was spot-on too. My Father passed away in January 2013, so I wanted to make something that marked that anniversary in a suitable manner.
I thought it might be because it got me reflecting on some people that I lost. It's a beautiful tribute. :love:

I'm glad people in the Cafe are picking up on it even though it's not a typical beat-oriented track.
Cool. I'm glad that it evoked that sort of emotional response. It gives me hope that I might actually have a clue what I'm doing, even if only occasionally.

Many thanks, Frantz :)

cinematic grand and sad

I think the part from 4 min. could extend longer, but great as it is.

wavephonic wrote:reflective piece that stays true to its ambiance and drift, the finish summed it up nicely.
shows depth in sound and creative patience
Thanks very much for the great comments, and for listening, wavephonic :) Maybe I'll try something in a similar style in the coming months.

ooh the slightly high frequency grain and its interaction with the deep bass is really cool. I don't really like the delay interval on the staccato synths. I would have preferred a shorter duration of maybe a reverb. The brass sounding synths with the longer slower attacks, on the other hand, fit nicely.

:love: wow, just wow! :clap: :love:

experimental.crow wrote:this worked for me ...
excellent pacing and voicing...
loved when the bass joined ...
Thanks very much for stopping by and commenting. It's much appreciated. Glad you liked it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”