Best Virtual Guitar Samples or Plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlackWinny wrote:
I guess that at this place you wanted to write Real Guitar 3.

And I totally agree with your review on AAS Strum Acoustic. The full version (called GS-1) is really an awesome instrument (and sometimes it is sold at 50%, one or two times per year) with beautiful sounds and a very handful conception to switch instantaneously between solo, strums, palm muted chords, etc. without any bothering tab. And even the more simple Strum Acoustic Session (only $100) which uses the same engine and the same conception is wonderful to have an excellent sounding guitar with all that is needed for beginners for yet very good first songs, even quite complex. The best way to go to the full version GS-1 (with sometimes a discount of 30%) after one year for example.

I love all the products made by AAS.

Cheers
BlackWinny
Hey BlackWinny,

Actually, I just wanted to say that Spicy Guitar is not quite as good in the physical modeling department as Strum Acoustics. It comes close, though. Thanks for correcting me. :)

Being a free vsti, I recommend anyone to give Spicy Guitar a shot. Spend a couple of hours with it and I'm sure you'll realize its potential.

I'll be honest with you all. The above cited plugins are much better, generally speaking, than lots of famous sample based guitar vsti mentioned here...I've tried almost all of them, by the way.

If you want to build a complex solo acoustic guitar track, note-by-note, in the piano roll, you'd better go with Ample Sound, though. You can get great solo results with it if you intend to spend some time rigorously and slowly sculpting your midi track.

If you just want a cool background rhythmic guitar in your mix, or maybe just have some fun, both Strum Acoustics and Spicy Guitar can offer outstanding results. They may not sound superbly good on themselves, but once you ad a nice ambient reverb and a a tube/tape saturation to them, they're good to go.

Cheers,

Raf.

RafaelMorgan wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: And I totally agree with your review on AAS Strum Acoustic. The full version (called GS-1) is really an awesome instrument (and sometimes it is sold at 50%, one or two times per year) with beautiful sounds and a very handful conception to switch instantaneously between solo, strums, palm muted chords, etc. without any bothering tab.
I love all the products made by AAS.
Cheers
BlackWinny
Hey BlackWinny,
Actually, I just wanted to say that Spicy Guitar is not quite as good in the physical modeling department as Strum Acoustics. It comes close, though. Thanks for correcting me. :)
Being a free vsti, I recommend anyone to give Spicy Guitar a shot. Spend a couple of hours with it and I'm sure you'll realize its potential.
I'll be honest with you all. The above cited plugins are much better, generally speaking, than lots of famous sample based guitar vsti mentioned here...I've tried almost all of them, by the way.
If you just want a cool background rhythmic guitar in your mix, or maybe just have some fun, both Strum Acoustics and Spicy Guitar can offer outstanding results. They may not sound superbly good on themselves, but once you ad a nice ambient reverb and a a tube/tape saturation to them, they're good to go.
Cheers,
Raf.
I find compression and drive help quite a bit also.
Amp-sims seem to over do it though.

BBFG# wrote: I find compression and drive help quite a bit also.
Amp-sims seem to over do it though.
Sure, I couldn't find any ampsim that really works with acoustic guitar tones.

I use Studio Devil's Virtual Tube Preamp for some tube saturation and coloring, then ad some nice ambient reverb (usually Valhalla VintageVerb or Room).

This is my trick to make acoustic guitar plugins sound much better.

If you need a acoustic guitar library with the ability to live-strum (and mix strumming with picking and solo playing) rather than using an extra mode and a sequencer for chords, definitely check out Acou6tics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAj116mnkn4

Acou6tics is all about live-playing, but it also comes with all the tools to create perfectly realistic guitar parts, which can stand up to any guitar library on the market as you can see in the example I posted earlier in this thread:

Original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJAA4b-67Ik
Mockup - Acou6tics Nylon (Finger Sustains / Finger Nail Sustains):
http://www.benjaminstelzer.de/acou6tics ... opczyk.mp3
http://www.benjaminstelzer.de/acou6tics ... opczyk.mp3
Cheers,
Benjamin
Virtual Instrument Developer @ Vir2 / Bigfish Audio

Is there a guitar library capable of producing a sound like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcrbM1l_BoI

Real Guitar could come very close to sound and quality from what I have seen.

Personally I love the Orange Tree stuff.

Jon

Thanks Orange tree's acoustic guitar sounds incredible!

:lol:

Cheers,
Benjamin
Virtual Instrument Developer @ Vir2 / Bigfish Audio

I just noticed the mention of RealGuitar3 by MusicLab .. have been using version2 for years and just purchased the new versions. Not that I want to give any secrets away but most everything these days is all about your own preferred tweaking for what you are trying to accomplish. Me, I like to jam and bang away on my fender guitars either acoustic or electric and expect the same from my virtual instruments.

I've heard a couple of people do great things with the RealStrat through a keyboard, but I struggle a bit to get desired sounds, then I know I need better amp simulators.

Just google my name for sample tracks, I'm all over the web
Kick

Steinberg / wizoo virtual guitarist 2. It's old but still the best guitar plugin
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Return to “Instruments”