New from Loops de la Crème: RAW MUFFLED SNARES

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://loopsdelacreme.bandcamp.com/albu ... led-snares

Recorded on 4 different snare drums with 6 complementary microphones, using a variety of muffling technics, RAW MUFFLED SNARES explores the punchy, controlled and classic sounds of muffled snare drums.

For decades, studio and live drummers have experimented with muffling technics and materials on their snare drums, with the goal to control overtones and decay, add impact and focus, gain clarity and mix in better with other instruments.
The 249 samples of RAW MUFFLED SNARES explore these technics and feature a huge palette of muffled sounds, from glorious punchy disco snares, sharp and cutting sounds reminescent of electronic drums, all the way to classic old-school controlled snares...

The choice of microphones and microphone positions add to this versatility by providing various amounts of proximity effect and ambience.

This original set of samples will be perfect for music production and mixing duties (adding bite, punch or stick definition to poorly recorded snares).

11 Kontakt instruments provide dynamic layered snares for instant results and great realism, practical category sets, and plenty of unheard, unexpected new snare sounds.
  • - 249 samples, mono and stereo WAV, 24bit, 48kHz
  • - Samples organised in 6 practical subfolders (dead snares, controlled snares, sharp snares...)
  • - 11 NI Kontakt instruments (6 nki, 5 nkm) (full Kontakt 4.2+ required!)
  • - Total size uncompressed: 30.4MB
  • - introductory price (-50%): EUR 6€ (list price €12) offer ends march 14th :wink:

Audio demo, featuring raw samples in the context of a funky tune (each bar features a different snare sample):

https://soundcloud.com/boogalab/raw-muf ... _raw-snare

All the samples of the collection are organized in the following subfolders/categories:

CONTROLLED SNARES (21 samples)
These samples were recorded using medium muffling technics: mylar rings, moon gel damper pads, internal mufflers, duct tape, double-sided foam tape…
They provide a great compromise between resonance and control.

DEAD SNARES (43 samples)
The real deal! No tone, no projection, no life… and yet beautiful impacts and body!
Use these samples as such in your tracks, or layer them with other samples to create complex, perfect backbeats.
Mixing engineers will use these on top of flat, poorly recorded snares to add punch and impact.

ROOM MUFFLED SNARES (34 samples)
Recorded with microphones placed at mid-distance, these samples contain a bit of ambience and will be easy to integrate deeper into your mixes.

SHARP SNARES (26 samples)
Most of these samples were recorded using microphones placed under the snare drums, pointing at the snares. The resulting sounds are bright, sharp and cutting.
Layer these on top of a dull, lifeless snare drum to give it extra bite!

VARIOUS MUFFLED SNARES (20 samples)
A very original set of samples recorded by muting the snare drums with hands, tambourines, various objects...

PITCHED AND LAYERED SNARES (105 samples)
These samples were created by layering and pitching various raw muffled snares samples in NI Kontakt. The resulting sounds were recorded and edited in Pro Tools, and then exported as new samples.
These sounds are organized in five subfolders:
- 3D Layered Snares
- Deep FX Snares
- Organic Layered Snares
- Stereo Snares
- Tech DnB Snares

i just grabbed these. great price and they sound really interesting. can't wait to try them out in a track.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:i just grabbed these. great price and they sound really interesting. can't wait to try them out in a track.
Thanks for chiming in! Enjoy the samples :D

Along with the release of RAW MUFFLED SNARES, Loops de la Crème will have a month of special offers on other snare sample libraries: -50% on RIM PACK and -50% on SNARE PACK DELUXE (offer ends march 14th). Now you can get some complete snare sample tools at a fantastic price
Here is how these discounts work:

SNARE PACK DELUXE
http://loopsdelacreme.bandcamp.com/albu ... ack-deluxe
On the product page (snare pack deluxe) click ‘Buy Now’
Click ‘Have a discount code?’
Enter this code: snarespecials
Click ‘Apply’

RIM PACK
http://loopsdelacreme.bandcamp.com/album/rim-pack
On the product page (rim pack) click ‘Buy Now’
Click ‘Have a discount code?’
Enter this code: rimspecials
Click ‘Apply’

About 5 days left for the intro price and discounts :wink:

great samples! bargain! thank you!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Cool idea. Back when I played drums I used to love the sound of "damped" snare and toms. The classic tea towel "trick" :)
Give me samples. More samples!

murnau wrote:great samples! bargain! thank you!
Thanks for the purchase :) have fun with the samples!

Cri wrote:Cool idea. Back when I played drums I used to love the sound of "damped" snare and toms. The classic tea towel "trick" :)
Same here :D Back when I was a teenager I had my drums covered with shirts and sweaters so that I would not disturb the family and neighbours :party:

BTW the idea actually came from a Loops de la Crème user. He got his custom-made pack first, and free! :tu:

price is now reg. 12€.

Here some details about the various Kontakt instruments:

A. DYNAMIC SET

00_Dynamic Muffled Snares stacks.nki

This Kontakt patch features combined samples, multiple velocity layers, as well as a custom script to automatically reproduce the nuances between left and right strokes. The resulting snare sounds are very organic and lively: perfect for programming realistic, complex snare grooves.

B. CATEGORY SETS

These Kontakt patches regroup the samples in practical categories, and follow the organisation of the sample library subfolders:

01_Controlled Snares.nki
02_Dead Snares.nki
03_Room Muffled Snares.nki
04_Sharp Snares.nki
05_Various Muffled Snares.nki

C. MULTI SETS

These nkm files combine several category sets, and make use of panning, pitching and volume to create complex and fascinating new sounds:

11_MULTI_3D Muffled Snares.nkm
12_MULTI_Deep FX Snares.nkm
13_MULTI_Organic Snares.nkm
14_MULTI_Stereo Impact Snares.nkm
15_MULTI_Tech DnB Snares

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”