KRUCZ limiter - public beta (OSX/WIN) [fully functional]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KRUCZ

Hi KVR!

I'm working on my audio projects again and would like to share some things I’m about to finish. About three years ago I released a Synthmaker prototype of a limiter some people enjoyed very much. I ported it to c++ and a public beta is available now.

The beta is fully functional until April the 20th.
There is an early adopter price at 9,- € for a non commercial license, and 29,- € for a commercial one.
Prices will rise to 19/49,- € after the beta phase(April the 20th). I'll add more informations on the website during the next few days.

edit:
KRUCZ requires a CPU that supports SSE2, which is most likely to be the case. It should run with any windows version above and including WindowsXP. It has been tested on Windows7 64. On OSX the current minimum version is 10.5, thought only 10.9.2 and 10.7.5 have been tested yet.

edit2:
current supported formats:
VST AU on OSX
VST 32/64 on Windows

This is how the KRUCZ looks. Sound examples will follow, in the meantime why not just download and try for your self?

get it here! (http://audio.d3ck.net/products/KRUCZ)

Cheers!

JM
Last edited by dasdeck on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hi, DasDeck
I'm glad to see this plugin alive again : I remember the nice-looking GUI from a couple of years ago ;)
I'm off to try it !
Could you tell us a bit more about the various flavours & modes ?

sinkmusic wrote:Hi, DasDeck
I'm glad to see this plugin alive again : I remember the nice-looking GUI from a couple of years ago ;)
I'm off to try it !
Could you tell us a bit more about the various flavours & modes ?
the flavours (Flavor) are simply slightly different implementations of the clipper function, having different harmonic characteristics. The difference is probably better to be judged in the context of a mix. The softness (Softness) alters the knee of the clippers transfer function.The "Wild" mode is a slightly (but audibly) different transfer curve for the compressor. I already had a manual for KRUCZ, but I have to revise it to be integrated into the new workflow. I'll publish it on the download page when ready.

JM

Hi!

KRUCZ beta has just been updated to fix some important bugs:

-beta timeout not working (the plugin was locked for all users)
-wrong homepage url on about screen

You can download the latest version from the website:

http://audio.d3ck.net/products/KRUCZ

Cheers!

JM

edit: I also edited the first post to include the system requirements.

I updated the OSX version to support OSX 10.5+.

Hi!

KRUCZ beta has been updated with the following changes:

-high pass was corrupting the audio path on windows builds
-latency was higher then needed (minimal latency now 32 samples)
-latency is now dynamically updated with the setting on „Ahead" control
-a simple manual has been added (alpha version, will be improved, feedback very welcome)
-presets can now be stored/restored with a native format to be used across all hosts/platforms
you can click on the UI on an area with no controls to open the menu

You can download the latest version from the website:

http://audio.d3ck.net/products/KRUCZ

Cheers!

JM

Return to “Effects”