Dang, I love Izotope's Iris

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Harmor Iris 2

Finally have a weekend off to spend some time with Iris, which I've had since last Fall. I could get lost in this for months. So many possibilities, so little time. When I first got this, I remember thinking I need to get some good 3rd party presets. Guess I was so used to the standard Virus / Moog / etc. VSTi emulations and letting sound designers do the work for me. The beauty in Iris is your imagination runs the show. The internet makes it so easy to find wave samples of just about anything you can think of and if you can't, get a field recorder & record your own. I love the layout and having 3 slots for layering samples plus one for Sub waveforms with individual LFOs and effect sends distortion, chorus, delay, and reverb is sweet . The spectrogram window is a lot of fun to work with. I get the feeling not too many KVR folks use this but it's such a great program aside from the lack of onboard control over sample playback time. Just thought I'd share some love.

+1 i agree a lot,

... it's a real gems for (dead) easy, customized sound design

+1 :hug:
I got mine through a package sale and then jumped on the Patchpool Subscription as well as the Luftrum set. Thing is, once you have all those elements, clearing the patch and using the samples to create your own is endless. And nowhere as difficult as some try to make it seem. This one is addictive, and I've entered the new plane of sampling myself via a Sony PCM field recorder and Izotope's RX3. And now wanting RX3 Advanced. The only thing is I still don't think I get enough time with it.
But it has become one of my favorites and I use it with other VSTs in Blue Cat's Patchwork to get some very interesting and usable combinations.
I have become an Izotope fan in general for their processing and editing. Although not really into their Stutter/Tweaker VI, Iris is a must for me.

So when you clear the patch (ie, press 'new') do all the amp envelopes, LFO's and effects settings remain in place?

@ BBFG#

indeed, coupling it with RX3 (and some more generic audio editors BTW) is a winner combination ,IMO

sazb30 wrote:So when you clear the patch (ie, press 'new') do all the amp envelopes, LFO's and effects settings remain in place?
i don't think so : initializing process

...better change samples in their respective windowa to keep some parameters untouched

BBFG# wrote:...I got mine through a package sale and then jumped on the Patchpool Subscription ...
Simon's Patchpool subscription for Iris is very nice:

http://www.patchpool.de/izotope_iris.html
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Did they ever add proper time stretching of samples? Iris is definitely cool, but feels sorta half finished.

Also here really love this plugins. GUI is fantastic, no so "difficult" to learn and a lot of fun.
With the possibility to drag samples in it, it's a unlimited fun factory ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I would also love it, but I love my money more :oops:

Padshop Pro can do a lot of Iris work, at a fraction of the price.

Krakatau wrote:@ BBFG#
indeed, coupling it with RX3 (and some more generic audio editors BTW) is a winner combination ,IMO
The Sony Recorder came with Sound Forge Audio 'lite' version I use also. I've added a couple of other free samplers that I haven't yet got around to trying too. (OcenAudio, TX816, Mangle).

Numanoid wrote:I would also love it, but I love my money more :oops:

Padshop Pro can do a lot of Iris work, at a fraction of the price.
Iris uses spectral synthesis while padshop uses granular synthesis. Not exactly the same...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

sazb30 wrote:So when you clear the patch (ie, press 'new') do all the amp envelopes, LFO's and effects settings remain in place?
I 'clear' and mute/solo each osc. So everything else remains until I change them (Samples, filters, effects, etc.).

Ingonator wrote:Iris uses spectral synthesis while padshop uses granular synthesis. Not exactly the same...
Both can mangle sound quite a bit, drag and drop your own samples, layer them, tinker with 'em, so even though method of synthesis is not the same, they got some similarties

BTW, Alchemy does Granular and Spectral, but the visual process is more detailed in Iris. And Padshop/Iris seems to have a different overall character than Alchemy. I don't feel any of them really discount each other.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”