Best Compressor Plugins in 2014?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Agreed wrote:is The Glue really as good as people say it is? This is 2014, not... whatever year it was released, I don't think there's even a little bit of hype left so I am left to assume that it really is just that good. I've got several takes on the SSL Bus Comp thing that all sound really good to me, but is The Glue genuinely the ultimate emulation? I could use that sound if it really, really is... Somebody or somebodies want to fill me in?
It really is that good and was the first time I finally understood why the venerable SSL bus compressor is so well regarded. Its ability to handle complex, transient heavy multi-tracked material is impressive and extended even further by the range control feature which I've rarely seen on other compressors. Zero latency operation, built-in parallel mix control, nice soft clipping and extremely fast attack times without artifacts don't hurt either. Ableton incorporating it into Live 9 was a seriously classy move. It doesn't blow me away on single instrument tracks, but it's perfectly capable there too unless you want something with more obvious colorful character.

PSP Old Timer ME gets used a lot here. Also just started using Slate VBC compressors for various duties. Klanghelm DC8C2 and Waves SSL 4000 on occasion. Used to use UAD LA2A, 1176, LA3A, and Fairchild but after upgrading computer, I have to buy into one of the current DSP cards and I found other native alternatives. Miss the Plate 140 reverb and some of the compressors though.

For me it's the Sonalksis SV 315 Mk2. For newer released plug-ins NI/Softube eg. the VC 2A (LA2A).

Darkle wrote:If allowed just one, it would have to be the RND Portico 5043.
Great for every individual track, and amazing on the mix buss!
Adds a touch of magic while mastering as well.
+ 1. For a software compressor, I think this is as good as it gets on the mix buss. My personal fav and I think warrants the asking price. It responds and reacts like hardware. Maybe not quite as much usable range as hardware to be used on extreme settings but I can't imagine getting better than this.

I think TDR feedback compressor is ONE of the best so be it free or not . I also like the Glue .

Depends on what I'm doing.

I still use the Waves Renaissance Comp for vocals, have been since 2006.

For sidechaining, I use Logic's or Cubase' own, as they seem to do a simple and effective job.

How does Nomad BT comp compare?

Is Nomad BTcomp really worth resurrecting 1 year old thread?

kvaca wrote:Is Nomad BTcomp really worth resurrecting 1 year old thread?
I thought thread resurrections were a KVR speciality?! Nothing beats the compressors in Harrison Mixbus :love: I've ditched all but 3 or 4 3rd party comps after hearing what they do.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Vladg Molot

The Glue along with the Native instruments and Slates Rack works for me.

Is there a compressor in existence that WASN'T mentioned here ?... :lol:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Is there a compressor in existence that WASN'T mentioned here ?... :lol:
Exactly. Pretty much every compressor released in the past few years is going to be good. It comes down to taste IMO.

Lately I've been using IK Black76 and Precision Comp/Limiter a lot.

Maybe I'll use DC8C and Kotelnikov on my next track. Doesn't really matter.

i like these two Lindell 7X-500 and VLB525 they dont get talked about much!

Return to “Effects”