0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

This poll is not representative because Tracktion is not in the list

Tronam wrote:
Nokenoku wrote:The whole vote is surprising.

S1 on place one? Reaper on place two?
Only 7% FL Studio users?

Seriously ... what's wrong with you people? :nutter:
FL Studio being PC-only doesn't help.
Yeah ... I am also surprised by the high amount of Logic users.
I thought Logic and Mac would have been dead by now.

I am especially surprised about FL Studio, because in other forums it often is on place one.
Also Reaper and Studio One are rather young DAWs. It's surprising to me, that already so many people switched to them.

The results from this survey have very little to do with reality. The number of Logic and Ableton users is actually much (much, much) higher than that.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

I also miss Bidule and AudioMulch ... ;(

CTStump wrote:
SampleScience wrote:
Nokenoku wrote:The whole vote is surprising.

S1 on place one? Reaper on place two?
Only 7% FL Studio users?

Seriously ... what's wrong with you people? :nutter:
Very weird indeed!
Okay... I shouldn't.. but I'm a gonna ask anyway, #1 What did you expect when you started this poll?

#2 Were you trying to make your mind up as to what you want in a DAW?...or...

#3 were you having a little fun with us?

Weird is what you get if it's number 3, anything else is up in the air when it comes to any popularity poll... anywhere. :wink:
I expected FL Studio to be the second most popular DAW. Ableton Live to be the first and Reaper or Reason the third. I'm pretty sure Reason and Ableton Live are the most popular DAW but their customers have their own forums and I already had an idea of what people use here. Studio One took me by surprise as I felt it was an esoteric option (much like MuLab).

OhmStudio has zero votes. This is quite surprising! I can understand that Mixman has zero votes, but OhmStudio!? Is it really that bad? :hihi:

I'm a DAW lover. I try all of them at least once. So far, I mostly use FL Studio, a little bit Ableton Live Lite, quite often Acid Music to mix my podcasts, and made samples and loops in MuLab a couple of times. Once in a while I even play with Mixman! :hihi:

This poll made me download the free version of Studio One. I hadn't had the time yet to try it properly, it looks good though.

I never take things too seriously. Especially on the internet! :party:

FLStudio is - imo, mmv, no debate necessary :hihi: - maybe the best generic 'sequencer' value in the market, for what it does with sequencing audio and midi. I've never personally liked it as a main goto recording and mixing workstation but I've always really liked it for what it is.

It's relative popularity doesn't surprise me at all, FLStudio, especially when you combine the features with the really, really low long term expense and the fact that it runs as a VSTI, which is great.

I like those guys at Imageline a lot. They can sometimes be brash talking to the public (a plus in my book, ass kissing the general public is so last decade :)) but they make a really great product and don't seem to care very much if some can't see or get it.

But yeah, the response for it seems rather low for a KVR poll.

paulbreeze wrote:I also miss Bidule and AudioMulch ... ;(
I used to use both of those quite a bit - great environments for experimenting. 'Sentry' and 'Decoy' were both completely made in audiomulch (http://sunseasky.bandcamp.com/album/temporary-oceans) - just little experiments with lots of modulation going on - loved those mod lanes in 'mulch!
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

LawrenceF wrote: I like those guys at Imageline a lot. They can sometimes be brash talking to the public (a plus in my book, ass kissing the general public is so last decade :)) but they make a really great product and don't seem to care very much if some can't see or get it.
Yeah, I don't get that at all.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:The results from this survey have very little to do with reality. The number of Logic and Ableton users is actually much (much, much) higher than that.

Peace,
Andy.
All the Live users are busy trolling the f**k out of the Bitwig forum.

Oh wait...

lolzes.

I miss my own RnT2 geeky daw :roll:

LawrenceF wrote:FLStudio is - imo, mmv, no debate necessary :hihi: - maybe the best generic 'sequencer' value in the market, for what it does with sequencing audio and midi. I've never personally liked it as a main goto recording and mixing workstation but I've always really liked it for what it is.

It's relative popularity doesn't surprise me at all, FLStudio, especially when you combine the features with the really, really low long term expense and the fact that it runs as a VSTI, which is great.

I like those guys at Imageline a lot. They can sometimes be brash talking to the public (a plus in my book, ass kissing the general public is so last decade :)) but they make a really great product and don't seem to care very much if some can't see or get it.

But yeah, the response for it seems rather low for a KVR poll.
I used FL studio with AA for years, I'm not sure I would use the word generic but that's neither here nor there...as I recall IL got it's start making adult video games
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yeah, I didn't mean "generic" as a derogatory thing. :)

More to say that it covers a lot of general sequencing use cases, for sequencing audio and midi. That it does some of the non-linear stuff and it also has some really good midi edit functions so (generally speaking) it's a very capable general "musical sequencer"... a very useful tool in the toolbox.

I got to thinking, I know, that's dangerous, Music Radar should take their poll here as a control along with their own poll and adjust accordingly. :D

Another poke at the FL fanbois, where ya at?

In the future I will be linking this poll in my likely skirmish's and debates.:wink:

It's a fun subject, but let's make a tune.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”