So the controversial Aloysius ... making progress or not?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Word to the wise:

If anyone is ever so stupid as to try to promote any music here on kvr, well, they will see what they get.

I very recently (eh eh) asked for a monitor comparison. Never again.

KVR is not for music, it is for plugins.

Ok, so if you got a bit of controversy, do you think that is going to make a difference.

The better your music - the more people will hate you. Those that listen. No one listens at KVR. They only tune in to point out your personal inadequacies.

We are a bunch of rejects. The developers look down on us as fodder. Everyone else just looks down on us.

And we, little piggies we are, can not see further than our own noses, and fight in out little shit pens.

It's a rum life.

Hink wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
Kain wrote: I am not Aloysius, he posted on my soundcloud page 7 months ago and we have connected musically ever since.
I have never been in contact with Kain.
but would you if you were able?
:dog: :hihi:

I can see this is all shaping up to be quite the night.

Stick around, It might get hairy.

Mods, get that ban hammer well and truly greased.

:lol:

Hink wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
Kain wrote: I am not Aloysius, he posted on my soundcloud page 7 months ago and we have connected musically ever since.
Am I my brothers keeper? :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

edit
I'm gonna scratch this as KVR did something silly (that was mostly my fault) and I thought I was responding to something else. :oops:
Last edited by ntom on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aloysius wrote:
Hink wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
Am I my brothers keeper? :)
:clap: :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Im pretty sure you guys should prepare some witty comments for the impending threads regarding the undiscovered genius of my timeless sound.
codec_spurt wrote: The better your music - the more people will hate you.
I mean, Im flattered, but my stuff isnt that good.

:P
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Im pretty sure you guys should prepare some witty comments for the impending threads regarding the undiscovered genius of my timeless sound.
codec_spurt wrote: The better your music - the more people will hate you.
I mean, Im flattered, but my stuff isnt that good.

:P
I beg to differ.

Bad meaning good.

As in your music is the biggest steaming pile of chicken poo that my nose has ever been offended by = It's quite good really and I might buy it if the price was right.

Funnily enough I was all ready to write a track with the exact same title and covering the exact same point as this one does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CED6duAYag This is not too far removed from what my stuff is like except its more melodic with more post-hardcore influences. Nevertheless a good band with a really sad but all too true message with this track

I only share about 1/10th of the tracks/albums/EPs I do and have posted maybe two or three times in the 'music cafe' here only to get absolutely nothing back...Not even to just say something like "Hey I listened but I really didn't like it at all, You f**king suck!". So I have simply given up altogether

my man codec_spurt is totally correct in my own very humble experience and opinion. I'm not wanting any cheese with my whine here but sometimes a person needs to get things of their chest.

The best thread by far is the 'Your next guitar?' thread, People listen, care, share and bother on that one. If more threads were like that one then this place would be a lot superior and fruitful

YMMV

Dean

Shucks. :oops:
I was just pokin some fun at myself codec_spurt, but thankyou.
codec_spurt wrote: KVR is not for music, it is for plugins.
That is kind of how I feel, tbh.
Im not too surprised that the Music section here is not super active.

I follow many many sig links from here, but I dont browse the Music forum regularly.
Ive reviewed and posted tracks here on occasion, but usually only when I am secretly seeking some technical feedback, not aesthetic.
And that is the other part of it to me;
Since we are all here focused on tools, the types of music we are into ranges far and wide. Which is great, but it does mean that there are, for each of us, probably tracks posted, that are great, that we maybe cant approach properly for a 'review'.
I feel that way anyway. I have no business telling say, a guitar player anything about his guitar playing/sound/style, whether I love it or hate it. I just dont know, and anything I say would just be herring, or whatever. For the halibut.

Buuuut, technical points, like synth stuff, drum stuff, and especially mix/master stuff, is more universal, and KvR is full of gooooold in that way. :love:
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Shucks. :oops:
I was just pokin some fun at myself codec_spurt, but thankyou.
codec_spurt wrote: KVR is not for music, it is for plugins.
That is kind of how I feel, tbh.
Im not too surprised that the Music section here is not super active.
I think anyone that has been paying attention the last five years would have come to the same conclusion.

But it's good for kicks..

It sure can weed out some weirdos with unrealistic expectations from time to time though. It's always good for that.

eh eh.

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Funnily enough I was all ready to write a track with the exact same title and covering the exact same point as this one does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CED6duAYag This is not too far removed from what my stuff is like except its more melodic with more post-hardcore influences. Nevertheless a good band with a really sad but all too true message with this track

I only share about 1/10th of the tracks/albums/EPs I do and have posted maybe two or three times in the 'music cafe' here only to get absolutely nothing back...Not even to just say something like "Hey I listened but I really didn't like it at all, You f**king suck!". So I have simply given up altogether

my man codec_spurt is totally correct in my own very humble experience and opinion. I'm not wanting any cheese with my whine here but sometimes a person needs to get things of their chest.

The best thread by far is the 'Your next guitar?' thread, People listen, care, share and bother on that one. If more threads were like that one then this place would be a lot superior and fruitful

YMMV

Dean
Ah Dean, that reminds me. I got around to listening to those two albums of yours you put up a while back.

Bloody Hell!

Not my cup of tea, but what superb musicianship. Amazing recording. Really great engineering and separation between the tracks. I liked Heavy Metal when I was younger but I grew out of it. But this stuff is just another level. But I will just say I was really impressed with the recordings. And the musicianship shamed me.

So, I did give it a go. Maybe having tinnitus makes me a bit of a woosy boy, but really that stuff is just too intense for my mind.

All I can do is repeat myself. I was impressed. I respected it no end. It was amazingly recorded. Crisp, clear, hard, knocking, booming - the whole lot - the full sonic spectra.

I might even be tempted to go to a gig with that kind of stuff playing. And to f**k with my tinnitus - earplugs are for pussies (unless you do it all the time). I would love to feel that kind of power kicking my chest.

Anyway, kudos to you Dean.

Well, since I promised to not make open any more of these topics I guess I will kick this one ..and maybe the first one.

Aloysius IS making progress and it's not going unnoticed.

He send some tracks to EDM.com and just got a track posted to there soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/nu_disco/orange- ... y-aloysius

So ... nice song hey!

His father gave him Komplete 9 for Christmas so Aloysius finally can get away from drowning everything in reverb. (madeon stylish sound)

I am telling you .. this kid is gonne be known someday because he makes really nice music and produces better and better stuff. He has a talent .. that's my whole point, and deserves to be heard by an ever growing and growing audience.

In fact I think that I will have a change to get hearded in the future (my own music) by my connection with Aloysius. Of course ... I will need to kick it up a notch and start working harder.

But darn it's nice to be one of the first to find and recognize talent like this ... but even more important .. share the same passion for music with some stranger on the internet.

:wink:

If you ever read this Aloysius (I know you have an account here under your own name).

Keep it up! I enjoy talking about music with you, so happy I met you. :D

I deleted your bump post in the other thread and locked that topic. One is enough.
No longer a moderator.

fair enough ... should have been the other way around but i guess that's my own fault. Thx for keeping this one open. I know what I am doing is not appreciated by all but I am willing to bet a bitcoin that within 10 years Aloysius will be a known name with fans of this type of music and people that will be reading this thread then will understand why I would keep promoting somebody like this. It's because it's so rare to find somebody like this on souncloud and realise there is great potential. It's exciting cause I like this type of music very much and have a great passion for it.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”