Eisenberg Einklang is a joke?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well kudos to the developer for giving a nice explanation as to why certain features are lacking. I think the OP of this thread has created a bit of a "mean spirited" post when he/she could have just not said anything. The product may have been overpriced in the beginning and for myself the lack of features did turn me off initially but I can see now some potential in this plugin with its new lower price.

As one poster said this Einklang offers a great sound source that can be used in addition to a bunch of awesome effects plugins. Sure the sound might not be for everyone but you have to admit that the sound is definitely unique! I am not too sure how the synthesis models work but it would be nice to see more explanations on what exactly is going on.
:borg:

@ EisenbergAudio

Welcome here at kvr, Gunnar...i'm persuaded your expert comments as a synthesis creator might be much appreciate by many regular users on this forum

Being myself here registered from now 12 years ago, i'm impressed on how the overall level of quality in discussion has rised up, especially by the contribution of some major devs (U-he, Vallhalla Dsp,Photosounder, Xoxos,etc...) you might perfectly become another major contributor and Its all the Bad i'm hoping for you !!!

:tu:

Perhaps this is an example of execution running too far behind the concept;
I myself was fairly interested when reading about Einklang upon its first public debut- yet after giving the demo a try, I was underwhelmed.

Gunnar, if you were previously unaware of it, perhaps some research into Rebecca Fiebrink's work with Wekinator would be helpful in providing fresh perspectives concerning the AIST concept; her 2011 dissertation (along with much other Wekinator-related material) is available here: http://wekinator.cs.princeton.edu
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

I had, and have, hope for this thing to end up somewhere pretty cool.
Basically, I agree with the OP, but I look at it another way;

Assuming that this is a new/interesting/unique thing, Im glad it exists. 'Proof of concept-ish' maybe, not ready for prime time, probably, but things have to start somewhere, and Im glad its being worked on.
The way I see it, the outside funding is maybe necessary in order for it to grow into something worthy of mass appeal. :shrug:
Of course, Im not paying European taxes either. ;)
ImageImageImageImage

n/m
Last edited by samsam on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dupe

n/m

Teksonik wrote:So this is the Eisenberg Uncertainty ?

Err sorry that's Heisenberg............ :dog:
Say my name! 8)
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

do_androids_dream wrote:Do you mean the MS-404? I love the sound of that thing.
Yes, that's right. They showed an emulation of it at Winter NAMM.

EisenbergAudio wrote:Hello Board
Hello Gunnar! I think we met at the NAMM show, yes?
Building the Tone Packs is very much work, because the training of the AI models can be hell sometimes. This btw is also the reason why we can’t offer the option of loading your own samples for now. It would frustrate users most of the tries, believe me…
Maybe you could offer certification to users and provide this functionality to those that get it? I think you would gain a lot more interest by making this available, more than with just about any other feature you add.

EisenbergAudio wrote:The premium tone packs Black and White contain three times more information than the RGB packs giving you a broad variety in terms of dynamics and pitch diversity. That is why they took so long in developing and that is why they are more expensive.
Here's my problem with this statement: Just because it takes someone three times longer to do something, doesn't mean it should be three times more expensive. The quality of the product should dictate the price, not the length of time it took to make.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

wow! Its interface is simpler than Monark!

dune_rave wrote:wow! Its interface is simpler than Monark!
indeed..very few parameter !

dissonnance is very exciting, associate with percussive parameter to give a whole bunch of gongs and cymbals that AFAIK no other types of synthesis can pretend to...

But in comparison inharmonicity seems quite useless and the ranges of both vibrato parameters are mostly innapropriate for musicians, IMO

but i'm referring to the 1.1 instance, no clear idea on the improvement made since...

murnau, could you please change the title to be less offensive? Perhaps remove the is a joke reference? That way, the dev can see what people think in an unbiased way. The dev has replied in this thread and MAY take onboard comments. As it is, it will attract negative comments.

Return to “Instruments”