What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

nasenmann
KVRian
 
602 posts since 24 Oct, 2005

Postby nasenmann; Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:31 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

Frantz wrote:
planetearth wrote:Ha! Your lawyers don't scare me! You'll see what MY lawyer is capable of...once he's released from prison. :neutral:


I see you're another gullible musician -- dealing with a lawyer in prison.

I happen to be represented by the top legal team in Nigeria. They are about to close a sweet business deal that will net me TWENTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS. I just need to mortgage my house to raise the fees for the deal. It pays to know the business side of things. :tu:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
planetearth
KVRian
 
501 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:02 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

Frantz wrote:
planetearth wrote:Ha! Your lawyers don't scare me! You'll see what MY lawyer is capable of...once he's released from prison. :neutral:


I see you're another gullible musician -- dealing with a lawyer in prison.

I happen to be represented by the top legal team in Nigeria. They are about to close a sweet business deal that will net me TWENTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS. I just need to mortgage my house to raise the fees for the deal. It pays to know the business side of things. :tu:


Well-played, sir! Well-played. :wink:

Steve
I'm looking for lyricists and collaborators. Anyone interested?
Listen to some of my stuff here: http://www.soundcloud.com/shdesigns .
User avatar
Allomerus
KVRian
 
910 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:38 am Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

The new mix sounds great Fragile! :) Nice vocal effects! Really like the lead synth....
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
2791 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:44 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

bluedad wrote:Glad I didn't miss this. Very good song craftsmanship, arrangement and vocal.


Thanks bluedad. I appreciate the nice feedback.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
2791 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:51 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

any1particular wrote:Nice! Great mix-all the instruments are nice and clear and sit nicely in the mix. I hear a bit of Devo in there perhaps-good one Frantz! :)


Thanks for checking this out Chuck. Glad to hear the mix was good. I have to confess that I'm not very familiar with Devo but I guess this is somewhere in that new wave ballpark.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
2791 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 am Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

nasenmann wrote:Good mixing, good processing of the background elements, and the vocal delivery sounds very fitting.

Personally, i find the synth strings and bass combo a little bland. I guess my appreciation of that less exotic type of 80's electropop sound is somewhat limited.

Still, i can see what the tune wants to be, so good work on that.


Thanks for the listen and the comments. Regarding the strings and bass combo, I originally had two additional synth parts during the verse but I dropped them to give the essential parts more space. So I would call it "intentionally minimal" but I can see how it would be "bland" to you with your maximalist approach. :)
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
searlstudio
KVRer
 
9 posts since 5 Apr, 2009

Postby searlstudio; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:21 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

Love that song.
iMac 27" i7 3.5GHz, 32GB RAM | OSX Mavericks | Steinberg UR824 Interface | Bitwig Studio/ Live 9
User avatar
Zombie Queen
KVRAF
 
3480 posts since 1 Aug, 2005, from Warszawa, Poland

Postby Zombie Queen; Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:30 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

I was just listening 'zold' version and new version on my expensive (to my standards) cans and on my not so expensive cans. The chorus in old version was hard to listen on expensive ones, some razor sharp highs, new version sounds gooood. This were my impressions on 1440 Shures. I switched to then to old ATH M40, old version sounds acceptable there, probably because these cans lack clarity on high freq, new version didn't sound better though, but kind of muddy in comparison. Oh, hardware hell. My wife and kids sneeze already, so I'm not putting it on speakers. Out of curiosity, did you have a compressor on master bus?
SzcZ: music | samples
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
2791 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:14 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

Allomerus wrote:The new mix sounds great Fragile! :) Nice vocal effects! Really like the lead synth....


Thanks for giving it a second listen John. I'm glad the new mix sounded OK. :)
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
2791 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:15 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

searlstudio wrote:Love that song.


Your post was short but sweet. Very much appreciated. :)
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
2791 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:45 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "All That Remains" (new mix on Mar 10)

Zombie Queen wrote:I was just listening 'zold' version and new version on my expensive (to my standards) cans and on my not so expensive cans. The chorus in old version was hard to listen on expensive ones, some razor sharp highs, new version sounds gooood. This were my impressions on 1440 Shures. I switched to then to old ATH M40, old version sounds acceptable there, probably because these cans lack clarity on high freq, new version didn't sound better though, but kind of muddy in comparison. Oh, hardware hell. My wife and kids sneeze already, so I'm not putting it on speakers. Out of curiosity, did you have a compressor on master bus?


Thanks for checking back in ZQ. I appreciate the detailed feedback. I know what you mean about preferring different versions on different headphones/speakers. I think it's a compromise to find a mix that works OK on most setups. I'm happy to hear the new version sounds good on the more expensive cans.

I only had Fab Filter's Pro-L limiter on the master bus which gave it some extra loudness. Maybe one day I'll get it properly mastered. I'm sure a pro could sort out the frequencies better than I could.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
Previous

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe