What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Tape emu for channels

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

184 posts since 14 Sep, 2006

Postby djeroen; Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:49 pm Re: Tape emu for channels

Aubrey Lamont wrote:
DMG68 wrote:Toneboosters Ferox is back again, you should demo it and see if you like it.

I used to have the track essentials. Looks like I'm going to re - buy it.

If you still have the track essentials bundle, you should be all set (no update purchase required, just update the binary).
KVRist

331 posts since 28 Feb, 2013

Postby Aubrey Lamont; Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:17 pm Re: Tape emu for channels

djeroen wrote:
Aubrey Lamont wrote:
DMG68 wrote:Toneboosters Ferox is back again, you should demo it and see if you like it.

I used to have the track essentials. Looks like I'm going to re - buy it.

If you still have the track essentials bundle, you should be all set (no update purchase required, just update the binary).

I sold it to a third party, so I'll have to buy the bundle from you again. No big deal.
KVRist

138 posts since 22 May, 2010

Postby Bhan; Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:49 pm Re: Tape emu for channels

why worry about cpu hit - freeze it to the track while applying slightly different states here and there. I don't understand at all - the concept of having live states of a plug like that. You plan on mixing tape hiss and wow and flutter?
KVRist

331 posts since 28 Feb, 2013

Postby Aubrey Lamont; Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 pm Re: Tape emu for channels

Bhan wrote:why worry about cpu hit - freeze it to the track while applying slightly different states here and there. I don't understand at all - the concept of having live states of a plug like that. You plan on mixing tape hiss and wow and flutter?

Because freezing is annoying. It isn't the end of the world, but I avoid freezing if possible.

This is a non-issue now that Ferox is back. Just bought it.
KVRAF

2027 posts since 18 Sep, 2003, from West Virginia USA

Postby kylen; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:56 am Re: Tape emu for channels

Aubrey Lamont wrote:
Compyfox wrote:VTM drastically removed CPU usage recently, but you need an iLok - so this might scare you off as MacBook user.

I have an iLok, but I'm hoping there's an option under $100. Otherwise, I would go with Satin.

I'll take a look at roundtone.

Thanks everyone.

VTM is currently about $85 at AudioDeluxe, I just picked up a license and am waiting to form my own opinion re: Nebula, Roundtone, ReelBus, Kramer, Magnetic2 which I use (no UAD didn't try, Waves J37 - demo'd and passed). I'll mostly be using it on the master bus though, maybe some channels at some point.

EDIT: Also am a Satin user here...
EDIT: VTM 1.1.1.1 froze my Reaper 4.61 project, I had to delete the plugin from the xml project. I'll look at this some more in the future and report a bug in my copius free time (if ever) once I can get registered in the SlateDigital helpdesk which I haven't been able to yet. :(
Last edited by kylen on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
KVRist

68 posts since 16 Oct, 2013, from Poland

Postby K@rol; Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:09 am Re: Tape emu for channels

CD Soundmaster Apex Tape Collection + U-He Satin:)
The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects