Tape emu for channels

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aubrey Lamont wrote:
DMG68 wrote:Toneboosters Ferox is back again, you should demo it and see if you like it.
I used to have the track essentials. Looks like I'm going to re - buy it.
If you still have the track essentials bundle, you should be all set (no update purchase required, just update the binary).

djeroen wrote:
Aubrey Lamont wrote:
DMG68 wrote:Toneboosters Ferox is back again, you should demo it and see if you like it.
I used to have the track essentials. Looks like I'm going to re - buy it.
If you still have the track essentials bundle, you should be all set (no update purchase required, just update the binary).
I sold it to a third party, so I'll have to buy the bundle from you again. No big deal.

why worry about cpu hit - freeze it to the track while applying slightly different states here and there. I don't understand at all - the concept of having live states of a plug like that. You plan on mixing tape hiss and wow and flutter?

Bhan wrote:why worry about cpu hit - freeze it to the track while applying slightly different states here and there. I don't understand at all - the concept of having live states of a plug like that. You plan on mixing tape hiss and wow and flutter?
Because freezing is annoying. It isn't the end of the world, but I avoid freezing if possible.

This is a non-issue now that Ferox is back. Just bought it.

Aubrey Lamont wrote:
Compyfox wrote:VTM drastically removed CPU usage recently, but you need an iLok - so this might scare you off as MacBook user.
I have an iLok, but I'm hoping there's an option under $100. Otherwise, I would go with Satin.

I'll take a look at roundtone.

Thanks everyone.
VTM is currently about $85 at AudioDeluxe, I just picked up a license and am waiting to form my own opinion re: Nebula, Roundtone, ReelBus, Kramer, Magnetic2 which I use (no UAD didn't try, Waves J37 - demo'd and passed). I'll mostly be using it on the master bus though, maybe some channels at some point.

EDIT: Also am a Satin user here...
EDIT: VTM 1.1.1.1 froze my Reaper 4.61 project, I had to delete the plugin from the xml project. I'll look at this some more in the future and report a bug in my copius free time (if ever) once I can get registered in the SlateDigital helpdesk which I haven't been able to yet. :(
Last edited by kylen on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CD Soundmaster Apex Tape Collection + U-He Satin:)
The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting

Return to “Effects”