What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

fedexnman
KVRian

1357 posts since 3 Jan, 2005

Postby fedexnman; Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:59 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

codec_spurt wrote:Is there any one out there that can say, that have used this thing in Linux?

I'll hold out till the end for this.

But if you can show me a working Linux install, I'll beg borrow and steal to get the money.

I would call that true disruptive technology.

Then again, I was thinking of how far things have come.

Eh Andy and you lot! Why don't you work on and provide some stuff to go with this?

It is obviously not going to have the whole vst world at its feet.

I'm in anyway.

Well it wont be long til you find out ! Just a couple more days . Linux needs a BigBoy host imho . I wouldve been happy with an S1 , Reason , or Live suite for Linux . Basically an all in one host . Should be interesting . Renoise and Ardour/Harrison Mixbuss are the 2 Linux hosts that stand out the most . To be honest the lack of plugins coming out for Linux can actually be a good thing , less is more . There is a LV2 ir reverb that is in the Ubuntu repos too . So most of the tools are there . If Bitwig is as stable and works like the pther two I mentioned look out bank account . :hihi:
hibidy
KVRAF

41927 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

The question becomes for me in the first week that it's out, is how people fare with vsts. That is first and foremost. If people are going to use the builtin stuff, I'm sure that will be fine, but what about 3rd party stuff? To me, it's a red-flag that they don't have let's say MT for kontakt or multiouts. This is going to be workflow killer for someone like me.
fedexnman
KVRian

Postby fedexnman; Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:28 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

hibidy wrote:The question becomes for me in the first week that it's out, is how people fare with vsts. That is first and foremost. If people are going to use the builtin stuff, I'm sure that will be fine, but what about 3rd party stuff? To me, it's a red-flag that they don't have let's say MT for kontakt or multiouts. This is going to be workflow killer for someone like me.

No multi out ? Really hmm .... Thats unbelievable .
hibidy
KVRAF

41927 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:47 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Where have you been? :hihi:
Suloo
KVRian

1385 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:20 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
fedexnman
KVRian

Postby fedexnman; Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:22 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

raaaar ! How about some pics of Kat E Perry dressed up like a cat .
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10453 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:27 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

codec_spurt wrote:Is there any one out there that can say, that have used this thing in Linux?

Yes it runs on Linux, tested with Ubuntu 12.04.4.

I'm using a VM (VirtualBox). Audio performance is bad.

So bad, it's not good.

But otherwise, yes it installs and runs like a champ.
fedexnman
KVRian

Postby fedexnman; Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:31 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

ZenPunkHippy wrote:

So bad, it's not good.

You Camels gonna make some Linux plugins . :party: I kind of need to know in the :hihi: next coming days .
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10453 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:33 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

You all buy Bitwig for Linux, yo! ... and we'll think about it ;)
fedexnman
KVRian

Postby fedexnman; Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:47 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

ZenPunkHippy wrote:You all buy Bitwig for Linux, yo! ... and we'll think about it ;)

Oh I already got me some Alchemy yo . hahaha :hihi:
pdxindy
KVRAF

8928 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:57 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Ogopogo
KVRian

1488 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:47 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

fedexnman wrote:No multi out ? Really hmm .... Thats unbelievable .
Yes, it's true, but apparently coming with a free update before v2: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=389923&p=5685093#p5685089
jeffh
KVRist

444 posts since 9 Feb, 2012

Postby jeffh; Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:29 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

ZenPunkHippy wrote:

So bad, it's not good.

Which audio back-end did you use?
Ogopogo
KVRian

1488 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:34 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

3 DAYS
fedexnman
KVRian

Postby fedexnman; Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:15 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

I ll be on the other side of the fence watching for now . Have fun !
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)