The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

The question becomes for me in the first week that it's out, is how people fare with vsts. That is first and foremost. If people are going to use the builtin stuff, I'm sure that will be fine, but what about 3rd party stuff? To me, it's a red-flag that they don't have let's say MT for kontakt or multiouts. This is going to be workflow killer for someone like me.

hibidy wrote:The question becomes for me in the first week that it's out, is how people fare with vsts. That is first and foremost. If people are going to use the builtin stuff, I'm sure that will be fine, but what about 3rd party stuff? To me, it's a red-flag that they don't have let's say MT for kontakt or multiouts. This is going to be workflow killer for someone like me.
No multi out ? Really hmm .... Thats unbelievable .

Where have you been? :hihi:

raaaar ! How about some pics of Kat E Perry dressed up like a cat .

codec_spurt wrote:Is there any one out there that can say, that have used this thing in Linux?
Yes it runs on Linux, tested with Ubuntu 12.04.4.

I'm using a VM (VirtualBox). Audio performance is bad.

So bad, it's not good.

But otherwise, yes it installs and runs like a champ.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Is there any one out there that can say, that have used this thing in Linux?

So bad, it's not good.

You Camels gonna make some Linux plugins . :party: I kind of need to know in the :hihi: next coming days .

You all buy Bitwig for Linux, yo! ... and we'll think about it ;)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:You all buy Bitwig for Linux, yo! ... and we'll think about it ;)
Oh I already got me some Alchemy yo . hahaha :hihi:

fedexnman wrote:No multi out ? Really hmm .... Thats unbelievable .
Yes, it's true, but apparently coming with a free update before v2: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p5685089

ZenPunkHippy wrote:

So bad, it's not good.

Which audio back-end did you use?

3 DAYS

I ll be on the other side of the fence watching for now . Have fun !

jeffh wrote:Which audio back-end did you use?
Using default VBox supplied Intel driver. Installed Ubuntu with the default settings. Test audio plays OK in the Sound Settings dialog.

In Bitwig ALSA is selected for "Audio System" + Intel 82801AA-ICH selected as the output device.

The audio is breaking up at any buffer size.

I'm not sure if updated or different drivers are required, checked a few resources but could not find anything obvious to fix the problem.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”