Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5.20 update announcement

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

So far the most annoying issue for me with 7.5.10 is having to constantly resize channels in the Mixconsole. Every time I adjust width of channels to my taste, it goes back to original width after I toggle over to the Project window and back to the Mixconsole. That got old real fast.

I don't see that fix listed under Mixconsole section of all the resolved issues. Unless I'm interpreting listed descriptions incorrectly.

Compyfox wrote:Oh, are we going that road down already again?

Wow, new record, half of first page. I applaud to you. :clap:

compyfox wtf is up with you and cubase. if you hate it so much, as i started to, after having it for two years and not really ever working then why not just sell your damn copy. i have fond true happiness with studio one. maybe you will find the same as it is designed by disgruntled cubase developers. sure, i will admit it was not easy at fing all to sell seeing as how it took me 2 years to sell mine but just try. and you have full 7.5 you should be able to sell yours easy enough. otherwise, your just upsetting yourself compy.

AstralExistence wrote:
Compyfox wrote:Oh, are we going that road down already again?

Wow, new record, half of first page. I applaud to you. :clap:

compyfox wtf is up with you and cubase. if you hate it so much, as i started to, after having it for two years and not really ever working then why not just sell your damn copy. i have fond true happiness with studio one. maybe you will find the same as it is designed by disgruntled cubase developers. sure, i will admit it was not easy at fing all to sell seeing as how it took me 2 years to sell mine but just try. and you have full 7.5 you should be able to sell yours easy enough. otherwise, your just upsetting yourself compy.
+1

that is summing up the Story quite well. There are many many other users who don't have such "huge" issues. Never saw a Person that is so much on a revenge trip because of a daw.

@Late-Bloomer: there is an Option on the right upper Corner, see that arrow pointing down, says reset Mixer console's channel. Did you tried that already?

Late_Bloomer wrote:So far the most annoying issue for me with 7.5.10 is having to constantly resize channels in the Mixconsole. Every time I adjust width of channels to my taste, it goes back to original width after I toggle over to the Project window and back to the Mixconsole. That got old real fast.

I don't see that fix listed under Mixconsole section of all the resolved issues. Unless I'm interpreting listed descriptions incorrectly.

Some issues were invoked by Preference Settings, that are messed up from an update. I had a graphical issue with the mixconsole and that article from Steinberg helped:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... uct%5D=296

AstralExistence wrote:compyfox wtf is up with you and cubase. if you hate it so much, as i started to, after having it for two years and not really ever working then why not just sell your damn copy. .
First and foremost, my initial post on page 1 was no "hate", I was just stating that the obvious main issues still not being covered in 7.5.20 (to be honest, I don't think ASIO will be fixed until C8.5! - solution: new rig, Insert Handling fixes are refused since it's a "design choice", "Fullscreen Always on Top" bug doesn't seem to be an issue - just to name three).

And second... I mentioned that pretty much over and over by now... If I find a suitable host that covers all my needs and feels as comfortable as Cubase before it turned into this trainwreck (which is still usable - mind you, but only at half power!)... I might(!!!) switch.

Until then - I remain the voice of "reason" and show that not everything is all shiny in the host land. And I'm absolutely fine with that.

This has nothing to do with revenge/vendetta or some constantly made up nonsense by you people. I pay for this host, I want to use the host as advertised. Can't find a suitable host - I stick with my main one and want to use it as expected. The host has issues, I make the developers and the users aware of that (maybe even get the one or another thing confirmed, that the developers don't agree on).

Features, overall plugin support and usablity - it's that simple.

I'm definitely not gloomy about you using the mute function if you don't like my comments. :tu:
Last edited by Compyfox on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: And second... I mentioned that pretty much over and over by now... If I find a suitable host that covers all my needs and feels as comfortable as Cubase before it turned into this trainwreck (which is still usable - mind you, but only at half power!)... I might switch.
You always talk about that, if it was a fact. Fact is, some people have problems, others don't. So the term trainwreck describes exactly one thing: How it performs on your computer. Maybe you will realize that one day, and stop making every Steinberg announcement thread a personal vendetta against the company, because, sorry, that's exactly what it is. Not that you would be the only one doing that, there's a couple others here who like to do the same.

And no, i don't think muting you is a feasible option, because you post a lot of useful stuff also, when you're not on a payback trip. :P

As if I didn't use/test C7 on several rigs to back that up and show the results to Steinberg. (see my own/the other threads). And of course, I'm still the "only one" having those issue (looking at recent Steinberg threads on KVR, GS and at the Steinberg boards - that's definitely not the case!).

But it's so easy to point fingers... right chk071?
"I don't hve this issue - you're on a vendetta - it's getting old, just switch already! yadda yadda".

Get your act straight for once. (by that, I mean "you" in plural)

But why am I even debating this. I'm always wrong in terms of all mighty Steinberg. :roll:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I try to keep an open mind when reading others posts. Most often it is fairly obvious when someone is on a vendetta or hate campaign.

Personally, I have not seen such from Compyfox in this thread. I have read in his posts that the software has flaws and he is pointing them out. Hopefully the developer takes notice that a long time user is not getting what he paid for and will have interest in fixing the problems.

I will agree that if a product one is using is not living up to expectations, one should move on.

I also think that as a courtesy to others in the forum one should express their dissatisfaction with a product, however, in a reasonable manner, so that all concerned are aware of possible issues. I think it healthy and wise to be able to make an informed decision.

Consider, if you will, everyone speaks their way. You, me, everyone, has a way of expressing themselves in their own way. Some are blunt, some, like myself, are long winded, some are not. But we all try to make a point, or share our knowledge, in some way.

THAT is the purpose of this forum - the sharing of knowledge. And this is how I have viewed Compyfox's posts in this thread. In a manner that has given some information you may not be aware of.

I, for one, appreciate the effort to keep me informed.

JM2C

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:... however, in a reasonable manner,
Happy Musiking!
dsan
:hihi: Then we'd have to shut down the Interwebs. :lol:

One guy kinda summed it all up by saying something like ...

"If you really have - that - many issues and frustrations that often with your chosen audio software product, I'll make a mental note never to hire your studio." :lol:

A lot of it, even the literally true stuff, seems to be too often over dramatized, made out to be a much bigger issue than it maybe really is.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Compyfox wrote:As if I didn't use/test C7 on several rigs to back that up and show the results to Steinberg. (see my own/the other threads).
And others don't have the problem. Which means, it can't be a general problem, but is hardware related.
Compyfox wrote: And of course, I'm still the "only one" having those issue (looking at recent Steinberg threads on KVR, GS and at the Steinberg boards - that's definitely not the case!).
I highly doubt that too. As i said, it's a question whether it is a general problem, occuring on EVERY hardware, or on chosen hardware.
Compyfox wrote: But it's so easy to point fingers... right chk071?
"I don't hve this issue - you're on a vendetta - it's getting old, just switch already! yadda yadda".
No, but maybe this is the wrong way? I mean, basically, what you achieve is influencing silly people, who only care about internet people's opinion, or you annoy the sh** out of people, who want to inform themselves in a thread like this, and don't care about the hating. But you won't be getting Steinberg to change their company policy, or fix bugs. The only way that can be achieved, is by cooperating, and giving them as much info as possible, rather than raging on everything they do. Or, if you see that that doesn't work, bite the apple, and walk the other way. Which is, imo the best way, to express your unhappiness, not by throwing money at them for the next update.

Your decision. :)

LawrenceF wrote:........:hihi: Then we'd have to shut down the Interwebs. :lol:
:lol: Likely not a bad idea if you think about it :hihi:

Then we could all get some work done instead of being silly* in a forum :hihi:

(*- a reference to a post following)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:........:hihi: Then we'd have to shut down the Interwebs. :lol:
:lol: Likely not a bad idea if you think about it :hihi:

Then we could all get some work done instead of being silly* in a forum :hihi:

(*- a reference to a post following)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
:hihi: Yeah. We nerdy tech types who probably don't get laid nearly often as we should do enjoy a good tech discussion but keeping it all polite and reasonable and technically or reasonably truthful and fair isn't ... well ... the true nature of most net forums. :lol:

We're a big random mixture of wildly varying personal realities. A certain level of drama will probably always ensue. :hihi:

If we didn't annoy the shit out of each other from time to time, we wouldn't be human anymore. :lol:

chk071 wrote:And others don't have the problem. Which means, it can't be a general problem, but is hardware related.
Of course this is hardware related! But that's to be expected for both Win and Mac users. Each user utilizes their own ADC/DAC (don't tell me RME is a "crap, noname company" - because I am using RME and I have to bump my buffer to 1024!), maybe even an UAD card (which does have issues with Cubase as well), custom peripherals, etc.

The thing is... Steinberg has to live with that and code on the smallest common ground. Yet they told me, that they can't take note of that. Rather the third party devs have to adapt. Which is not acceptable if these devs have to code around "bugs" for the hosts by the company, that actually created the standards in the first place!

But if the ASIO engine, the VST3 SDK and the host's core has severe issues all of a sudden, which was not the case with a prior version... who is to blame? The user, the third party devs? I don't think so.

chk071 wrote:No, but maybe this is the wrong way? I mean, basically, what you achieve is influencing silly people, who only care about internet people's opinion, or you annoy the sh** out of people, who want to inform themselves in a thread like this, and don't care about the hating. But you won't be getting Steinberg to change their company policy, or fix bugs. The only way that can be achieved, is by cooperating, and giving them as much info as possible, rather than raging on everything they do.
If you'd have read past all the so called "hate" and "vendetta", you'd known by now that I actually did that. It took me weeks to test, offer results, state what's still not working, nuked my rig several times in the process (by request of Steinberg techs, remember?), changed hardware, etc. With one big smack in the face - I quote: "your rig is too old!" and later (finally) "we can't fix that in the current lifecycle!".

Actually, I found one major bug in Cubase that was not(!) known to them until I started testing. And that was a cloning issue with their own plugins (it's not mentioned in the changes log btw!), which was fixed in 7.5 on release, and later in the last 7.0x update. So the users did benefit twice from my so called "hate fest".

What aggravates me the most however, is that the "Cubase Team" doesn't seem to care regarding feature requests and bug reports (like you mentioned "it's rare on your end!") - but it's overall more stable and stick to their own standards. While the "Wavelab team" listens to FR's, ports them in a relatively timely manner (users for example filed an FR to have an extra, non "rendering" master slot for analysis tools or room correction - I filed an FR to maybe get in touch with Fraunhofer to implement the ProCodec and we get both with WL8.5!), but otherwise has severe issues with the VST3 standard (audio forward bug comes to mind).

That and the fact, that if you want your bugs being fixed, pay for them. And this, among other things (like the "interim payment" critism), is all I'm stating since day one.

chk071 wrote:Or, if you see that that doesn't work, bite the apple, and walk the other way. Which is, imo the best way, to express your unhappiness, not by throwing money at them for the next update.

Your decision. :)
I made Steinberg fully aware of that as yearlong user (almost 20 years now) - trust me. But again, unless there is a "host of all hosts" that can pull me away from Steinberg's Cubase... I'll stick with it.

Then again, I'm yet again not the only person that has his issues or negative vibe with Cubendo. However, you do not read as much of that in here.

I am a minority on that behalf - but I'm cool with it.

This was the update announcement thread for a second, then it morphed into another x versus y flame-war thread. I think a dedicated flame war-forum would be cool.

I am slowly thinking the same. Else I ask the mods if it's possible to lock me out from ANYTHING remotely involved with Steinberg - as I seem to be the "evil guy" that constantly "destroys Steinberg threads".

:dog:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”