What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10453 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:24 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

ThomasHelzle wrote:I honestly find it idiotic to measure audio performance in a virual machine.
Who in his right mind would use something like that for realtime audio?
And an intel audio device?
Come on, you can do better than that... :roll: :roll: :roll:

There's no need for eye rolling, I'm well aware that a VM will not perform well with audio. Anyway, that wasn't the point - someone asked if it's running OK on Linux so I installed it using the only means available to show that it is.

Peace,
Andy.
Bathrobe
KVRist

182 posts since 10 Oct, 2011

Postby Bathrobe; Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:27 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
hm, i wonder at what time on wednesday they will put it out :D

any bets?

I´m betting on 9 pm Berlin time. :borg:
Suloo
KVRian

1399 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:31 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

that would be kinda :D

i hope its in the morning xD i say 12 am :D
Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
pdxindy
KVRAF

8957 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:38 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Any Betatesters wanna weigh in on some of these questions?

Does Bitwig have the equivalent of the Key/Midi assign like in Live?

Also, Live has the A/B crossfader... does Bitwig have this feature?

I know Bitwig has the bounce in place, but is that like Live's Freeze that can be unfrozen?

Does Bitwig have tap tempo?

How is Bitwig for Midi import? Does it handle multiple tracks correctly? Is there a user option to use/ignore tempo data?

How does Bitwig handle tempo and time signature changes?
hibidy
KVRAF

41999 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:20 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

fedexnman wrote:raaaar ! How about some pics of Kat E Perry dressed up like a cat .

Please no.
ThomasHelzle
KVRAF

3029 posts since 9 Dec, 2008, from Berlin

Postby ThomasHelzle; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:34 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:I honestly find it idiotic to measure audio performance in a virual machine.
Who in his right mind would use something like that for realtime audio?
And an intel audio device?
Come on, you can do better than that... :roll: :roll: :roll:

There's no need for eye rolling, I'm well aware that a VM will not perform well with audio. Anyway, that wasn't the point - someone asked if it's running OK on Linux so I installed it using the only means available to show that it is.

Peace,
Andy.

The eye rolling is about making performance comments based on running an audio app in a virtual machine using an intel audio device...

I'll just keep on rolling... ;-)

YMMV

Cheers,

Tom
Orga
KVRist

139 posts since 17 Dec, 2010

Postby Orga; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:35 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

So let me get this straight… the box version of Bitwig will be cheaper than downloading it? Surely this is a mistake?
Ogopogo
KVRAF

1501 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:36 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

ZenPunkHippy wrote:There is a Q&A section on the Bitwig site now. Not sure if anyone can access it, or beta users only.
It's just for beta users, you have to log in.
loungepanda
KVRist

93 posts since 27 Apr, 2013

Postby loungepanda; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:37 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Orga wrote:So let me get this straight… the box version of Bitwig will be cheaper than downloading it? Surely this is a mistake?

Download version is 30€ cheaper, according to their official release statement.
Suloo
KVRian

Postby Suloo; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:37 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Orga wrote:So let me get this straight… the box version of Bitwig will be cheaper than downloading it? Surely this is a mistake?

hm? where did you get that from lol...read on the website, might help^^
Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
Ogopogo
KVRAF

1501 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:39 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Yeah that's wrong:
https://www.bitwig.com/en/faqs.html

It's the same amount in USD, or slightly more in EUR for boxed.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10453 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:41 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

ThomasHelzle wrote:The eye rolling is about making performance comments based on running an audio app in a virtual machine using an intel audio device...

And jeffh provided some info that might help me resolve the problem.

At least that was useful ;)
V0RT3X
KVRAF

4515 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:41 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

How is Bitwigs PDC when using Izotope plugins?
Suloo
KVRian

Postby Suloo; Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:45 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

stop these questions please, its killing me :D
hibidy
KVRAF

41999 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:04 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

haha!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)