desktop around 1000 usd?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:If you are afraid of 8, you can get an OEM of win7x64 which might not be a really bad idea. The asus is going to come loaded with a bunch of garbage you don't need likely. I don't know what it costs.

BTW, that chip is a mad-man. I have it. I paid WAY WAY more building my own. Those prices seem almost too good to be true!

its coming monday :) the asus m51 ac :hyper:

Spend a little more and buy overclockable mobo (Z87) /CPU (i7-4770K).
Buy all parts separately then find somebody in your area who can put it all together for you.
If you're heavy VSTi user, you making a big mistake buying that Asus box.

sempondr wrote:Spend a little more and buy overclockable mobo (Z87) /CPU (i7-4770K).
Buy all parts separately then find somebody in your area who can put it all together for you.
If you're heavy VSTi user, you making a big mistake buying that Asus box.
Nah, that chip is great on it's own. I didn't overclock mine.

AstralExistence wrote:
hibidy wrote:If you are afraid of 8, you can get an OEM of win7x64 which might not be a really bad idea. The asus is going to come loaded with a bunch of garbage you don't need likely. I don't know what it costs.

BTW, that chip is a mad-man. I have it. I paid WAY WAY more building my own. Those prices seem almost too good to be true!

its coming monday :) the asus m51 ac :hyper:
Exciting! Hope it works out, great chip!

What ended up happening here?

i bought the m51ac. most powerful pc ive ever owned a real powerhouse for the price. latest gen i74770 and 16 gigs of ram. can run 8 diva pads playing at once on divine at 3 note chord on each track. i cant name one synth/fx that can challenge it except, diva. having maximum amount of stacked voices on unison can really run any modern cpu into the ground.

i think the new i7 octacore could really put up a fight again diva but again, having too many stacked voices on more then a few tracks playing together still could cause cpu overload. as arksun said, "diva isn't really designed at this point to use stacked voices." the fact that the feature is there, is just urs future proofing diva but none of the current diva patches use more then two stacked voices.

anybody who would use stacked voices in diva at this point is just asking for there pc to vomit. but anyway, i went with omnisphere. and no, i did not plop down 449 usd for omni, i bought it at american music supply on the 3 easy payment plan. omnisphere is so not cheap but ive heard what it can do, it is the best synth and most powerful vsti hardware of software. i think ill truly love it.

Yeah, that's why I avoided diva. I could probably stack over 100 "other" synths (omni being one of them) with my 4770. Anyways, thanks for the update, just wanted to know if you liked it.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”