A few new instrument patches to share

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We had a few discussions here in the4 forum.
One was about emulating things using MUX. I made some Halion Sonic patches and shamelessly saved them under the original name :)

Another discussion was about using (note) events to modulate something.
The Snare Flange patch uses note velocity to adust the (static) flanger. Program an staccato snare roll and ramp up the velocities. You will see that you get a nice effect out of this simple setup.
As a general tip for the fresh Mu users: it's always, and only, the first effect slot in Mudrum or Musynth that receives events (that stuff that comes out of sequences). So put your event driven effects there.

The zipped patches can be found HERE
I copied them in the Jo's MUX folder as well.

Enjoy!

AndreasD wrote:As a general tip for the fresh Mu users: it's always, and only, the first effect slot in Mudrum or Musynth that receives events (that stuff that comes out of sequences)
I'd have to go check but are you sure this is not simply because most stuff you put into a slot fails to pass through its events? Have you tried wrapping something in a MUX that copies event input to event output to see if the subsequent slots then get the events?

pljones wrote:
AndreasD wrote:As a general tip for the fresh Mu users: it's always, and only, the first effect slot in Mudrum or Musynth that receives events (that stuff that comes out of sequences)
I'd have to go check but are you sure this is not simply because most stuff you put into a slot fails to pass through its events? Have you tried wrapping something in a MUX that copies event input to event output to see if the subsequent slots then get the events?
Andreas is right: In MuSynth, MuDrum and MultiSampa it's only the first audio effect slot that gets the events. It's an extra feature so to be able to apply audio effects that use MIDI input, eg a gated reverb that is controlled by note-on/offs, cfr the "GR Snare" MUX preset.

Ah, right. I guess you can still stick a Mux in if you want to do anything with events that needs more complex routing.

Yes indeed :)

nice synths, thanks for sharing

Return to “MUTOOLS”