PRODUCTS
DDD

sinkmusic wrote:Hi
I made a little user manual for DDD, if anyone is interested :
https://app.box.com/s/jrvdr9yceesxzh40kioj
Very useful. Thank you!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I don't know what happens when modes are combined from outside the GUI. We can try but it is not planned :)

Never having used a Dimension-D unit, I'm curious about what a couple of terms mean in relation to the DDD software's modes.

There is "fast" vs. "slow", and "cross stereo" vs "straight stereo". While I can make an educated guess, can someone explain definitively what these terms mean? "Fast/slow" == delay time range? "cross/straight" == where the delayed signal is fed? Or...??

Thanks...

Fast and slow are about 2/sec and 4/sec frequency for pitch oscillation
Cross and straight stereo: with a stereo input signal and a true-stereo chorus (four voices) you can choose if chorus_R goes to R and chorus_left goes to L or crossed :phones:

A short video: mixing acoustic tracks with DDD :phones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i8XkfahJ5M

Semi old thread, semi old vst. I'm quickly becoming an Sknote fan, so does DDD allow you to engage multiple "buttons" like the hardware? The older demo video versions don't seem to have that option and not sure what updates have occurred since. If it does, this would be the bee's knees. It's the chorus I think "what chorus did they use to get that" chorus. There is a freebie that sounds extremely good with the Dimension D in mind, so just trying to determine how DDD has evolved.

Got my ears "and wallet" set on a couple of their older compressors after picking up the amazing Disto-S, but this one is also tickling my fancy.

Meanwhile, gassing over the DBX, Gates (limit vs GTS), Sound Brigade (which looks to be one of the most innovative plugs ever) and the plate verb unit. Strange times, for sure.
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

No, you can only engage 1 switch at a time. Quinto has some BS reasoning for why you don't need an all buttons in mode like the original, but it never made sense. He's a flake who pulled out of KVR because he's couldn't ban people for calling him a flake. Do business with Sknote at your own peril :uhuhuh:

Vibey, characterful chorus unit this is - just be weary of the DC offset. It is one of the nicer "doing something really nice to the stereo spread but not in a wobbly seasick way" kinda ones. I believe it produces some harmonics (saturaton/analog emulation) too.

Valhalla Ùbermod was built around the idea of nailing the Dimension D and similar units
, which it can do. - amongst a myriad of other things.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

DDD does a fair job of emulating the SDD-320 sound, but the lack of updates and support, and general bad vibes of the dev have put me off using their stuff or buying any more.

Ubermod has a couple of supposedly Dim D and Dim C sounding presets, but they don't really do it for me, even with tweaking. I don't think it can do the out of phase trapezoid shaped waves of the originals, which is one of the things that make them sound so subtle and "part of the sound".

I've owned most of the originals and units based on them, the Roland SDD-320 Dim D, Boss Dim-C and Digital Dimension, Fromel Seraph Deluxe, and various other digital hardware and software approximations, and TBH none of the digital ones come very close to the original hardware sound. For that reason I bought back my Fromel Seraph Deluxe from the guy I sold it to for more money, I was so stupid to let it go. Happy to have it back now though.

jbarish wrote:Do business with Sknote at your own peril :uhuhuh:
Ignore flaky comments like the above

Ive been an Sknote customer for about 7 years
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
jbarish wrote:Do business with Sknote at your own peril :uhuhuh:
Ignore flaky comments like the above

Ive been an Sknote customer for about 7 years
:tu:

Hey, thanks for all the input! I'll demo Ubermod before I pull the trigger.

My one purchase from Sknote was quick and painless, so far so good in that respect.

I wouldnt touch a sknote plugin even if it was free. I feel to much betrayed from them selling stuff without demos that are not even at alpha state with half of the buttons not working (that plate).

And DDD i bought too but think it is useless as I used the UAD one always on acoustic guitars. The DDD creates a mess of hiss with an acoustic guitar. I have even erased the installers...

My choruses today are the two valhalla ones and the great free Acon one.

Yeah, I love the Acon one too.

Return to “Effects”