"The Accused" - demo track by dysamoria (so, what genre is my music?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/dysamoria/the-ac ... x-for-2017

New piece of music by me... well, it's a proper version of an extremely piss poor demo I created in 2009. Apparently, it pays to force myself to sit down and be productive.

This was done in Logic, after porting some processed loops and vocal recordings to it from the original Sonar project (I have to admit, I like Sonar's loop mangling features, which Logic lacks). Getting closer to being free of Sonar and Windows for music work...

So... What genre(s) is my music? I hate thinking about genres, and i think there are too many of them, but I realize some people don't listen to music without knowing the genre of the music on offer (and we all know the common question "what kind of music do you make?"). So, out of my tracks on SoundCloud, what genres are safe labels for my stuff?

Thanks for looking :-)

EDIT: i updated the mix with slightly better vocals in verse one...
Last edited by Jace-BeOS on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Very cool song. :tu:

Don't know about the genre. Maybe "Alternative Rock" with a bit of "Psychedelic"?

I thought the mix for the chorus worked better than the verse mix which was (probably intentionally) bass/mid heavy.

It sounds like you tried to cram every idea you had into this one song. It's a lot to take in but at least it doesn't get boring.

Thanks for the feedback, Frantz. :-)

i do indeed need to work on the processing (and singing) of the first verse, and maybe second. There is some intentional narrow/dark vs wide/bright contrast going on between verse and chorus (or at least, it is intentionally staying that way, though i didn't consciously plan it; i like the contrast and it makes the chorus pay off more, i think).

Thanks for the genre suggestions, too :-)

Cheers!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I enjoyed it. Nice contrast between the sounds and melodies used in the verses and chorus. I have no idea about genre, but the track seemed somewhere between NIN and Tears for Fears, if that helps.

Good work :)

Thanks for the listen and the feedback, seismic1 :-) NIN is absolutely an influence on me. I only know one Tears For Fears song, though ;-) (I do like it, too).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Yeah, i`ll go along with 'alternative/experimental'.
I like hearing 'Cafe' tunes that were composed as completed songs.
Cheers! :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Thanks annode :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

The original post's track was replaced with an updated version with slightly better vocals in verse 1 and some slight changes to mixing. If anyone cares to have another listen. Cheers!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Been awhile since my first hearing it, but vocals sound pretty good for what it is.
I like that it's a fully thought out song formation...at it's minimum, but still works.
Get tired of one key wonders, this was refreshing to hear.
2nd half held my attention best. Like the key change between parts.
Just a hint of a more demented "chu chu cachu" (sugar plum fairy) :wink:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Thanks for taking a listen and commenting

I do try to vary my song structures :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Nice song. Like the vocals and change of structures/sounds between verse and chorus. The bass in the verse is awesome.
The middle section and change back to the last section is very well done.
Enjoyed.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I'm glad you enjoyed this piece; thanks so much for listening and for commenting :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Music Cafe”