Free - NI Supercharger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger

If it worked properly, my use would be for super-squashed drums as a break or effect.

That was my thought too but there is something super weird about the way it handles transients that I find offputting. And not like the usual "duh, you're using a comp, it's supposed to mess with transients" - I mean it seems like there's something about it that doesn't behave in an intuitive way based on input and doesn't seem to be adjustable in that particular regard. I'm having some trouble articulating exactly what it is, but it's just weird.

Exactly. There is no practical way to get it to just squish a part. The transient detection is very poor. I'll have to live w/o using it.

hibidy wrote:Exactly. There is no practical way to get it to just squish a part. The transient detection is very poor. I'll have to live w/o using it.
I'm the same with Reelbus from Toneboosters, it kills the start of anything you put through it, unusable :(
Duh

I like it fine on drums more as a normal compressor, at about 50% wet, with the two buttons engaged. different strokes.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

bungle wrote:
hibidy wrote:Exactly. There is no practical way to get it to just squish a part. The transient detection is very poor. I'll have to live w/o using it.
I'm the same with Reelbus from Toneboosters, it kills the start of anything you put through it, unusable :(
This issue with Reelbus has been fixed almost a month ago. Just update to v3.0.2.

Agreed wrote:That was my thought too but there is something super weird about the way it handles transients that I find offputting. And not like the usual "duh, you're using a comp, it's supposed to mess with transients" - I mean it seems like there's something about it that doesn't behave in an intuitive way based on input and doesn't seem to be adjustable in that particular regard. I'm having some trouble articulating exactly what it is, but it's just weird.
Honestly, I'm not super impressed with it... for free ya, but for $50? :uhuhuh:

djeroen wrote:
bungle wrote:
This issue with Reelbus has been fixed almost a month ago. Just update to v3.0.2.
Thanks, will do :)
Duh

Quick question, I just found I had two files for this effect. One is 30mb, the other is 32mb. The 30mb seems to be the one loading in the DAW and seems to work okay, but knowing the file size difference, I'm wondering if it really is.

Please Help

Someone, do you not have a PC version of demo installer SUPER CHARGER?

Hmm, i think it is mentioned in previous posts somewhere that it was possible to extract dll from installer package...

dont forget that Magnetic tape has bad sides too

Like a kick drum being at more than -40db is mushy

so some Tape Emus might have that same flaw intentionally or not.

especially Nebula programs cause the sampling technology of Nebula which if done right sound indistinguishable from the real thing.

that includes tape,Compressors,limiters,Analog EQ,filters and Phasers.

So i wouldnt be so criticall of plugins from tonebooster and such
they are after all doing their job
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Using Application Verifier, I got it installed on my Vista machine -- Guitar Rig 5 Setup PC.exe -- the TRICK was using the 32-bit version of Applucation Verifier (and not making an entry in the 64-bit version). Otherwise, it wouldn't install. Works like a charm. I was going back to an older project that had used GR5 Player but was on an older machine.
jancivil wrote:
Integratron wrote:I've given up on all NI stuff for now. Their stuff just won't install on XP. I was able to get the latest version of Kontakt installed with the help of another KVRite, but the Drum Lab that I purchased and this compressor will not install.

The Kontakt installer was giving me a message that it must have system 7 or higher. We used application verifier to get around the error message. Oh, BTW, Kontakt 5.3.0 runs perfectly with XP... NI is just made it SOOOOOOOOO difficult for their users these days. I've spent a few hundred $$ on their products so I think this is a really poor way to treat paying customers... just saying
Yeah, this is a bottom line decision to cut down on support tickets for everything forward, I believe. I managed to install updates for Reaktor, Kontakt, Guitar Rig, last year's freebie Driver, Reaktor Spark and Skanner, and this. Out of these what doesn't work is the standalone for Kontakt Player 5.3 and Guitar Rig Player 5.2. Which work fine as plugins. This needing a Service Center update is the next level of this. VE Pro doesn't even see it, having failed to activate. Actually 'the old' SC doesn't recognize those things were updated either.

Return to “Effects”