Psychodrumma II, fantasy drum machine, music generator for K4

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finished working on this emulation of imaginary retro machine for Kontakt.

It looks like this:

And it sounds like this:
http://soundcloud.com/fairlyconfused/head-over-thrills
http://soundcloud.com/fairlyconfused/manic-diner

More info here:
http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... ement.html

It is now available on Bandcamp at some outrageously cosmic price. It comes as bonus for the set of machine music it has generated.

That's one small bump for a man, but one giant slide for mankind.

i'll check this tomorrow :zzz: must go to sleep
"It dreamed itself along"

Yeah, you do that. It's a machine of many hidden faces.

I'm liking the demo tunes. They sound great. I wonder if the product is difficult to use.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

That would be hard for me to say, but I guess if you look at it as a product, it is difficult, if not just different, but as a toy, it's fun to play (for me at least). Maybe moving images would be more informative.

Lots of videos. Thanks! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'm glad to see this getting some attention.
"is it difficult to use?" I have not used the latest version but based on the beta I'd say it's as easy or difficult as you want it to be. It very well could be called the Ronco "set it and forget it". I've let the beta run on random for extended periods of time and it keeps evolving and spitting out, I'm not sure what to call it other than interesting. While it is random it tends to generate in movements that keep it fresh and interesting.
You can also freely tweak to your hearts desire while it's running.

Their are a lot of Reaktor Ensambles that do similar things but this is the first Kontakt instrument I've come across.

Kvr can be a funny place, a new EQ is released and there are seven pages of posts, something like Psychodrumma comes out and no one has an opinon :?:

Thanks MRT, you haven't checked your PM inbox.

Listening to first track on Bandcamp now. I like it.

congrats zombie queen - downloading now....
great documentation too!

Thank you, hope you find it entertaining.

Is it possible to use my own samples for it?

Musical Gym wrote:Is it possible to use my own samples for it?
Definitely. You could rename and replace the samples (easy way) or edit zones, which would require a lot of copying, as there are many groups.

Zombie Queen wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Is it possible to use my own samples for it?
Definitely. You could rename and replace the samples (easy way) or edit zones, which would require a lot of copying, as there are many groups.
Great, thanks for info. I enjoyed your album and am looking forward to playing around with the great tool you created.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”