How to delay swinging midi notes?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How to apply delay to swinging notes? If the notes are 100% swing, I use triplet delays, but what if it is above 0% and below 100%, Straight delays dont work if it is the same subdivision or below.

As example if I swing 1/16 MIDI notes with 60%, synced 1/8 delay time is working fine, but not 1/16 or 1/32. Is there a way to get a "right" result or must I select the swinging notes and seperate them on another track for seperate processing and using milliseconds which are equal to the swinging time which must be calculated with difficult math calculations??

Please help, I dont have a clue or have a plugin a solution?

do someone understand the question and can help me please?

Or is there no solution?

If I understood what you want correctly it's possible you may want to have a look at what LeMasque can do.

A thread in their own forum:

https://www.xils-lab.com/xo_phpBB/viewt ... =13&t=3452

I have little experience with it, I think it needs some setting up to achieve what you want (or should I say what I think you want :P ).

You could also try Fabfilter Timeless 2 with a suitable pattern set up in a temposynced LFO to modulate the delay time. You probably want the " time-stretching behavior" for the delays to avoid the small pitchshifting artifacts reminiscent of good oldfashioned tapedelays. It's a great plugin, but it costs a bit more than most. Fabfilter does sweet discounts when you own a couple of products though, and I find their plugins totally worth the asking price as they're userfriendly (well thought out GUIs and plenty of tooltips gets you going fast with most of them), flexible and high quality.

Return to “Production Techniques”