RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

hibidy wrote:
virtualmark wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
virtualmark wrote:
Biscotto wrote:
arkmabat wrote:Will there be a basic version? How much?
There is already, Live 9
:hihi:
That's the broken out of sync version.
No, that is the version I have been using for over a year without any problems and which I really enjoy and find productive.
Cool story, but that doesn't change the facts! Good for you if you don't use the broken features, have a cookie. :lol:
Don't worry if you can't handle facts, it's ok. You clearly have only scratched the surface of Ableton, I'm glad it works for you. But you may find that once you learn to use more advanced features, you will be disappointed.

An analogy would be someone who drives a car that doesn't have a steering wheel - but they only drive on flat straight roads and don't see a problem.

Anyhow, the PDC issue has been well documented, I don't wish to get into a debate about proven facts with anyone. Enjoy your broken DAW, I'll be trying out a new one tomorrow. Goodnight! :party:

I don't know if it is good idea to venture some pages ago, but if it haven't been posted here is it's first Review

http://www.musictech.net/2014/03/bitwig-1/
dedication to flying

So why is SW saying the list is $449.99 and bitwig says it's $399.99? USD

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

^Interesting... maybe they just want to make it look like savings. Also every online retailer I've seen has it for that same 389.99.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rod_zero wrote:I don't know if it is good idea to venture some pages ago, but if it haven't been posted here is it's first Review

According to this review, the installer is 300MB.
Hmmm, so many sizes.....

virtualmark wrote:
Don't worry if you can't handle facts, it's ok. You clearly have only scratched the surface of Ableton, I'm glad it works for you. But you may find that once you learn to use more advanced features, you will be disappointed.

An analogy would be someone who drives a car that doesn't have a steering wheel - but they only drive on flat straight roads and don't see a problem.

Anyhow, the PDC issue has been well documented, I don't wish to get into a debate about proven facts with anyone. Enjoy your broken DAW, I'll be trying out a new one tomorrow. Goodnight! :party:
You do know I was just razzing you, right? I understand people are not necessarily getting on with live. It was just a funny cat pic.

I wonder if the Instrument rack (instrument layer) will be an equivalent of the instrument rack from Live. I mean, will we be able to add a different fx chain to each instrument and save that as one presets? Will we be able to group MIDI fx, audio fx, drum rack inside an instrument rack and etc. ....like in Live??

Thanx

^Yep, I'm pretty sure there's no issue with stuff like that.

ThomasHelzle wrote:And as for the definition of "Tomorrow":
I think it's pretty safe to assume that it is Berlin/Germany local time... ;-)

This is a full HD image, so if you want it as a Wallpaper, rightclick and "open image" or "save image as" or whatever it's called in your browser... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
Sweet render Tom! Rendered in arnold?

hibidy wrote:You do know I was just razzing you, right? I understand people are not necessarily getting on with live. It was just a funny cat pic.
Sorry, it's just that for the past few years people have denied that the PDC problem exists. It'll all be ancient history to me tomorrow though! I'll have a new DAW to moan about! :)

I wonder how many Live users are selling their licences now since the announcement. I bet Ableton is flooded with requests..
:borg:

rod_zero wrote:I don't know if it is good idea to venture some pages ago, but if it haven't been posted here is it's first Review

"The routing options throughout are almost limitless which makes mixing and side-chaining very flexible."

Derp. Side-chaining isn't actually supported. The lack of multi-out VST support also didn't get mentioned at all. Magazine reviews are a joke.

echosystm wrote:

"The routing options throughout are almost limitless which makes mixing and side-chaining very flexible."

Derp. Side-chaining isn't actually supported. The lack of multi-out VST support also didn't get mentioned at all. Magazine reviews are a joke.
You can side chain anything with the audio mod.

V0RT3X wrote:I wonder how many Live users are selling their licences now since the announcement. I bet Ableton is flooded with requests..
I was wondering the same thing. I just sent in my transfer request today! I feel a bit bad given that it's the day before Bitwig comes out, but it just happened to have sold today...

Now I bought the Computer music 203.
I read the review.

Bitwig Studio 9/10

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”