What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

pdxindy
KVRAF

8762 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:03 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Ogopogo wrote:K, I'll try that in the meantime. Thanks. I've added that I want to request this to my original thread in the bitwig forum, so if anyone wants it too you might wanna drop by and say so.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=406864

The other thing I would miss a lot is Live's midi step recording. I use that all the time for creating notes. It is fast and I don't have to think about what notes on the vertical piano roll make a particular chord. And with the step recording you can add chords at once so it is really fast when one gets used to it.
stillshaded
KVRist

305 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby stillshaded; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:08 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

It's 2014 but still no one can seem to get a piano roll right. Every DAW should shamelessly rip off the FL studio one. Then I would try them out. Unfortunately nothing comes close, so I'll stick with FLS.
Jolaff
KVRist

142 posts since 25 Jan, 2014

Postby Jolaff; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:10 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

is there a way to use the spacebar to play/stop when there is a plugin on top??

Also ....I can't find a place to learn the keyboard shortcut
mysticvibes
KVRian

1030 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby mysticvibes; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:15 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

stillshaded wrote:It's 2014 but still no one can seem to get a piano roll right. Every DAW should shamelessly rip off the FL studio one. Then I would try them out. Unfortunately nothing comes close, so I'll stick with FLS.

FL piano rollrocks but the program needs a face lift, would be great if Imageline shamelessly copied reapers gui, especially the mixer, but kept all its features
Ogopogo
KVRian

1381 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:15 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

^Hit control+enter to bring up the "commander," this will show you a list of key commands for whatever window has focus.

Dunno about the spacebar.
TheoM
KVRAF

19182 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:17 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

So I have to say, i couldn't control myself. Quick summary with in depth to come (including performance tests).

1) Time stretch to this day (in HD mode) is the best I have ever heard. By far. I'm stunned. I was lowering 130 bpm complete songs to 100 and they sounded identical, just at a new tempo. I guess since something (now inferior) like radius used to cost 399 as a plugin on it's own, this goes a long way to justify the bitwig price

2) Very easy to use, inviting, slick interface.

3) Unfortunately, I can't get anything but distorted sound at anything under 128 samples on my mac,even playing a single audio file, so performance testing will be interesting to say the least.

From what I am gathering so far, if they add some of the missing stuff many of us here have mentioned, it will be one of the best hosts around. So how's that for a 360 from me. That said, it really DOES need those extra features. But this is the first time i'd consider something else other than logic.. when it has the features I need.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
ezelkow1
KVRian

1278 posts since 15 Jan, 2010, from Denver

Postby ezelkow1; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:19 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Anyone know if you can set a default template or if thats just a demo restriction because of no saving? I couldnt find any options anywhere and did a quick scan of the manual but I may have missed it
Orga
KVRist

132 posts since 17 Dec, 2010

Postby Orga; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:20 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Anyone else unable to bounce from from the send like in this video ? http://youtu.be/-muxJvmvm8U?t=1m37s

Also, When i send an insert channel to a return channel and If i solo that channel, audio stops. I can't just listen to the return channel (unless I set the channel as pre-fader and turn the insert channel down to 0) - is anyone else experiencing this?
Tronam
KVRAF

1537 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Seattle, WA - USA

Postby Tronam; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:25 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

TheoM wrote:So I have to say, i couldn't control myself. Quick summary with in depth to come (including performance tests).

1) Time stretch to this day (in HD mode) is the best I have ever heard. By far. I'm stunned. I was lowering 130 bpm complete songs to 100 and they sounded identical, just at a new tempo. I guess since something (now inferior) like radius used to cost 399 as a plugin on it's own, this goes a long way to justify the bitwig price

2) Very easy to use, inviting, slick interface.

3) Unfortunately, I can't get anything but distorted sound at anything under 128 samples on my mac,even playing a single audio file, so performance testing will be interesting to say the least.

From what I am gathering so far, if they add some of the missing stuff many of us here have mentioned, it will be one of the best hosts around. So how's that for a 360 from me. That said, it really DOES need those extra features. But this is the first time i'd consider something else other than logic.. when it has the features I need.

Lots of respect for your "call it as I see it" attitude, without all the hyperbole drenching so many of the other threads. :tu:
Last edited by Tronam on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

3865 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:28 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

TheoM wrote:3) Unfortunately, I can't get anything but distorted sound at anything under 128 samples on my mac,even playing a single audio file, so performance testing will be interesting to say the least.

Same here, although I would say "at or below 128". I asked about this on the Bitwig forum and someone said it was a bug and that this goes away in full screen mode. I can't test for a while but check it out.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Ogopogo
KVRian

1381 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:01 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

So now that the bitwig forum exists, I wonder when this thread is going to drop off? I don't think this thing has been below the halfway mark on the frontpage since around oct when I joined and the betatesters starting giving info.
hibidy
KVRAF

41159 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:07 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

I dunno, but I've sure enjoyed today.
vastarray
KVRist

46 posts since 26 Apr, 2012

Postby vastarray; Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:10 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

It won't go away. It will be retitled to the all-in-one Bitwig laments-and-regrets mega thread.
hibidy
KVRAF

41159 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:21 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

lolzes

Hey, I had a "real" question. Is waves supported?
Lee CM
KVRist

198 posts since 4 Apr, 2007

Postby Lee CM; Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:21 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Hi all,

Just a quick heads-up about the new issue of Computer Music magazine, which includes step-by-step guides, 13 tutorial videos and a full review of Bitwig Studio.

Full info is at http://bit.ly/cm203

The review is also online at http://bit.ly/BitwigRev

Thanks,

Lee du-Caine
Editor
Computer Music
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)