Track I co-produced for a singer

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

She wrote it, sang it and played the guitar part, me and a drummer mixed it. Her friends really seem to like it, which is great. We tried doing various things with her songs over the past year - playing them acoustic with cajon and double bass, electro, even a shoegaze remix - but this kind of style seems to work well with her songs, I think.

https://soundcloud.com/hanna-bratkowska/znasz-mnie

I think the style works well for her although the track is bass heavy. I might add some higher synths to balance out the frequency range.

She has a good and distinctive voice. I'm sure you can take a more flattering photo of her. :)

Good job. :tu:

Taking any photos of her is incredibly difficult, actually. She's convinced she's not photogenic, hates having pictures taken etc. Like a lot of girls, only even more so.

And yeah, that bass is kinda overkill. It's three samples of me bowing a double bass layered together with the attacks chopped off, resynthesized, with 4x unison, some filtering and compression. Definitely doesn't need all that, but I kinda like the big soft blob of bass that results. Should probably add a higher synth or some higher notes in the Rhodesy piano to balance it out, though, you're right about that.

There's something with the bass first everything is a bit muddy and then at chorus entry, about one minute point, it goes rather crispy clear. Bass is interesting, but I think straight pop bass would work better here, the way it is, it swallows the bottom part of acoustic guitar, which then struggles to be heard and goes over the top on high frequencies. Same about the drums. Could use a remix IMO.
But then, it's all not my bottle of Cisowianka, so take a step back and forget I wrote that.

On the second photo, I think the girl wants to create a vacuum swirl and get the beer flowing though the straw from a distance. You know, Jedi shit.

Zombie Queen wrote:There's something with the bass first everything is a bit muddy and then at chorus entry, about one minute point, it goes rather crispy clear.
Now that's reeeeeal interesting, since it's the exact same sound, and the range during the chorus is the same as the intro and second verse, too. The only differences are that accented notes in the chorus have a higher velocity, and they might be a bit more staccato - I'll have to go take a look at the file and see if maybe those notes are shorter and the rests between then longer.

It seems like quite a few college-aged Polish girls dig the lyrics, so I'd better not ruin this with silly basses.

Nice pop song but the bass is really overkill and confusing and draws off the attention from the lyrics. I'd either use a synth bass or a simpler bass guitar sound... (Or put some distortion on it and make a dubstep bass...)

I can understand her reaction. That beer doesn't look good. Next time try some Bavarian beer! :D

Return to “Music Cafe”