The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

It's 2014 but still no one can seem to get a piano roll right. Every DAW should shamelessly rip off the FL studio one. Then I would try them out. Unfortunately nothing comes close, so I'll stick with FLS.

is there a way to use the spacebar to play/stop when there is a plugin on top??

Also ....I can't find a place to learn the keyboard shortcut

stillshaded wrote:It's 2014 but still no one can seem to get a piano roll right. Every DAW should shamelessly rip off the FL studio one. Then I would try them out. Unfortunately nothing comes close, so I'll stick with FLS.
FL piano rollrocks but the program needs a face lift, would be great if Imageline shamelessly copied reapers gui, especially the mixer, but kept all its features
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

^Hit control+enter to bring up the "commander," this will show you a list of key commands for whatever window has focus.

Dunno about the spacebar.

So I have to say, i couldn't control myself. Quick summary with in depth to come (including performance tests).

1) Time stretch to this day (in HD mode) is the best I have ever heard. By far. I'm stunned. I was lowering 130 bpm complete songs to 100 and they sounded identical, just at a new tempo. I guess since something (now inferior) like radius used to cost 399 as a plugin on it's own, this goes a long way to justify the bitwig price

2) Very easy to use, inviting, slick interface.

3) Unfortunately, I can't get anything but distorted sound at anything under 128 samples on my mac,even playing a single audio file, so performance testing will be interesting to say the least.

From what I am gathering so far, if they add some of the missing stuff many of us here have mentioned, it will be one of the best hosts around. So how's that for a 360 from me. That said, it really DOES need those extra features. But this is the first time i'd consider something else other than logic.. when it has the features I need.

Anyone know if you can set a default template or if thats just a demo restriction because of no saving? I couldnt find any options anywhere and did a quick scan of the manual but I may have missed it

Anyone else unable to bounce from from the send like in this video ? http://youtu.be/-muxJvmvm8U?t=1m37s

Also, When i send an insert channel to a return channel and If i solo that channel, audio stops. I can't just listen to the return channel (unless I set the channel as pre-fader and turn the insert channel down to 0) - is anyone else experiencing this?

TheoM wrote:So I have to say, i couldn't control myself. Quick summary with in depth to come (including performance tests).

1) Time stretch to this day (in HD mode) is the best I have ever heard. By far. I'm stunned. I was lowering 130 bpm complete songs to 100 and they sounded identical, just at a new tempo. I guess since something (now inferior) like radius used to cost 399 as a plugin on it's own, this goes a long way to justify the bitwig price

2) Very easy to use, inviting, slick interface.

3) Unfortunately, I can't get anything but distorted sound at anything under 128 samples on my mac,even playing a single audio file, so performance testing will be interesting to say the least.

From what I am gathering so far, if they add some of the missing stuff many of us here have mentioned, it will be one of the best hosts around. So how's that for a 360 from me. That said, it really DOES need those extra features. But this is the first time i'd consider something else other than logic.. when it has the features I need.
Lots of respect for your "call it as I see it" attitude, without all the hyperbole drenching so many of the other threads. :tu:
Last edited by Tronam on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheoM wrote: 3) Unfortunately, I can't get anything but distorted sound at anything under 128 samples on my mac,even playing a single audio file, so performance testing will be interesting to say the least.
Same here, although I would say "at or below 128". I asked about this on the Bitwig forum and someone said it was a bug and that this goes away in full screen mode. I can't test for a while but check it out.

So now that the bitwig forum exists, I wonder when this thread is going to drop off? I don't think this thing has been below the halfway mark on the frontpage since around oct when I joined and the betatesters starting giving info.

I dunno, but I've sure enjoyed today.

It won't go away. It will be retitled to the all-in-one Bitwig laments-and-regrets mega thread.

lolzes

Hey, I had a "real" question. Is waves supported?

Hi all,

Just a quick heads-up about the new issue of Computer Music magazine, which includes step-by-step guides, 13 tutorial videos and a full review of Bitwig Studio.

Full info is at http://bit.ly/cm203

The review is also online at http://bit.ly/BitwigRev

Thanks,

Lee du-Caine
Editor
Computer Music

PDC confirmed to be broken on the forum, I've just tried it for myself and the automation goes out of time. What a sad joke, I emailed them months ago and they said it is working and automation is compensated. All this waiting just to find out that it's a fraud, glad I haven't paid them anything yet.

Time to uninstall and move on.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”