ValhallaFreqEcho Open Beta for OSX and Windows (32/64-bit, AAX/VST/AU/RTAS)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I've been working on the 64-bit update of ValhallaFreqEcho off and on for the last few weeks (edit: YEARS). At this point, it seems reasonably stable. It's a free plugin, so this is an open beta.

Changes since the old and crusty version:

- Updated GUI! Futura, resizable.
- Changed default knob motion from circular to up/down! I was young and naive in early 2010 when I last updated FreqEcho.
- 64-bit versions! The plugin now comes in 32-bit RTAS, and 32/64-bit VST/AU/AAX.
- AAX! I just mentioned that, but I'm a'gonna say it again.
- More sync delay options!
- Better parameter warping! on both the GUI and low level parameters! This improves automation, performance with hardware controllers, and so on.
- Installer!

The changes I made to FreqEcho aren't backwards compatible. For my commercial plugins, I always strive to keep backwards compatibility, even if this means keeping in behavior that I would fix today. For this freebie, I thought it was best to make it GOOD, as the old version really predates the commercial plugins in both chronology and quality.

The new version of FreqEcho is also Intel only for OSX. The Windows version will follow, once this version is debugged. EDIT: I have a Windows beta available now.

So, if you want to try the beta, have at it:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/freqecho/Val ... _0_5b4.zip
http://www.valhalladsp.com/freqecho/Val ... _0_5b7.zip

Feel free to post feedback in this thread.

Thanks,

Sean Costello
Last edited by valhallasound on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wow! Great news. Can't wait to get the windows version.

I'm not sure what the old FreqEcho sounded like, but this one sounds like maybe there's a phase issue? Sounds... off. On Logic 64bit AU.

Phase47 wrote:I'm not sure what the old FreqEcho sounded like, but this one sounds like maybe there's a phase issue? Sounds... off. On Logic 64bit AU.
Try tweaking the delay and shift controls.

Phase47 wrote:I'm not sure what the old FreqEcho sounded like
It sounds like COUNTLESS tracks you hear in electronic genre...

Sean, two questions :

1) If FreakEcho-II is not backward compatible, will it carry a different ID ? (I sure hope so... that's what other developers do)

2) Is the first quarter deadline (IIR) for plugins release still on ? if so, is there a change in plan ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Great news, thanks Sean, installing it now!

Thanks so much Sean!

Awesomeness :love: Will wait for the Windows vst hopefully to arrive soon
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

IOW keep your copy of the old version around, just in case :D

Testing in PT 10.3.8, bypassed plugin, I get a strange sound, a kind of feedback.

Works great for me in 10.8

FFHKVR wrote:Testing in PT 10.3.8, bypassed plugin, I get a strange sound, a kind of feedback.
D'OH! I forgot that the bypass functions have changed in Juce. I'll change the code tonight, so it will be updated in the next beta release. Thanks for spotting this!

Sean Costello

Tp3 wrote:Sean, two questions :

1) If FreakEcho-II is not backward compatible, will it carry a different ID ? (I sure hope so... that's what other developers do)

2) Is the first quarter deadline (IIR) for plugins release still on ? if so, is there a change in plan ?
+1 to point number 1. If just called FreqEcho 1.5 and given a new ID, then there's no worry about breaking compatibility in existing projects since both can live side by side happily. Allows users to transition any projects from the old version to the new one.

I had the same question regarding #2 also. Really looking trying out some of the new algorithms in the reverbs here in PC land.

Tp3 wrote:
Phase47 wrote:I'm not sure what the old FreqEcho sounded like
It sounds like COUNTLESS tracks you hear in electronic genre...

Sean, two questions :

I'll check into this. Honestly, it's been so long since I built ValhallaFreqEcho that I forget what the plugin ID was for this. It looks like the last build had "MkI" in it, so I'll leave that out this time around.
Change in plans. Currently targeting end of April.

Sean Costello

can I use this when I run Logic in 32 bit mode, or will I need to use the older version I have? thanks.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Return to “Effects”