The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Well it's better than falling flat on it's arse eh? A sure sign it's been a successful launch i.e. lots of people taking notice, checking it out, etc. etc. Win!

virtualmark wrote:PDC confirmed to be broken on the forum, I've just tried it for myself and the automation goes out of time. What a sad joke, I emailed them months ago and they said it is working and automation is compensated. All this waiting just to find out that it's a fraud, glad I haven't paid them anything yet.

Time to uninstall and move on.

I haven't done this test myself as i honestly presumed since such a hullaballoo was made about it it would simply work like cubase/S1/PT/logic etc.

I will do tests today and if indeed there is problems I will say that would be very disappointing considering that was initially one of the big things drawing people away from live. Oh well, when I get home tonight, play with the wig all night and see.

trusampler wrote:Glad there was a demo that came out with it, I love alot of it, but I've found a ton of crashes on both mac and pc happening.
1. Slice audio to Multisample - Crash
2. Save a Layered instrument/Container - Crash when trying to reload.

These are just two off the top of my head, but I've had a ton of crashes today, I wouldn't even think of buying it until these we're fixed. I'm going to my trust Studio One to continue making music, but will be following closely to see if these and other users issues get fixed. Meanwhile testing the updated demo's if they do allow for it. Then I will purchase.

Congrats to Nektar as I've found their controller works very well, with Bitwig, but I have no idea on how to map MY AKAI MPC, Transport controls and such, having to use code for this, seems quite overboard..
Yes of course cause the download is on the main page and a simple file, and I see you use mac as well as PC - I can guarantee on mac at least, it will simply be a case of downloading the latest version and overwriting the one in the apps folder to have the latest demo. I have nothing to do with bitwig but it's clear they are using the ableton download/activate/demo type system for this (disclaimer, unless they decide one day to make it more difficult to download, which I doubt).

tooneba wrote:
virtualmark wrote:PDC confirmed to be broken on the forum, I've just tried it for myself and the automation goes out of time. What a sad joke, I emailed them months ago and they said it is working and automation is compensated. All this waiting just to find out that it's a fraud, glad I haven't paid them anything yet.

It proved that the claim some people said closed beta is beneficial is utterly wrong especially about this. How could beta user overlook such a simple test? It's sad but they must have been just sitting back down on a couch to hang around with fanboys in SNS and hyping... For beta users : plz do your job properly as beta 'tester' thanks.

This is one example why I practically pleaded with them to let me beta, and I offered them 6 hours a day every day, minimum 5 days a week of solid continual testing but I never heard anything. I was extremely disappointed and really have no idea how they chose testers (this means zero disrespect to anyone, it's rather a general statement in that I don't know what the criteria was or if there was indeed any or just random).. a pdc bug should not have slipped through at this late stage.

Remember what this thread was originally titled? "Will bitwig have a public beta?"

The OP wasn't changed thought the title was.

has anyone else noticed they pushed the 1.0.2 update later today? (few hrs after 1.0.1), so I'm guessing that's a hotfix for something, but no release notes I have found..

humanbeingbeing wrote:has anyone else noticed they pushed the 1.0.2 update later today? (few hrs after 1.0.1), so I'm guessing that's a hotfix for something, but no release notes I have found..
Finally they are getting Real Beta Testers at work. :wink:
Theo is next :scared:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

humanbeingbeing wrote:has anyone else noticed they pushed the 1.0.2 update later today? (few hrs after 1.0.1), so I'm guessing that's a hotfix for something, but no release notes I have found..
I think a lot of people had crashes from the get go.

downloaded 1.02 and it was stable

TheoM wrote:
tooneba wrote:

It proved that the claim some people said closed beta is beneficial is utterly wrong especially about this. How could beta user overlook such a simple test? It's sad but they must have been just sitting back down on a couch to hang around with fanboys in SNS and hyping... For beta users : plz do your job properly as beta 'tester' thanks.

This is one example why I practically pleaded with them to let me beta, and I offered them 6 hours a day every day, minimum 5 days a week of solid continual testing but I never heard anything. I was extremely disappointed and really have no idea how they chose testers (this means zero disrespect to anyone, it's rather a general statement in that I don't know what the criteria was or if there was indeed any or just random).. a pdc bug should not have slipped through at this late stage.
Does anyone know many beta testers there were?

Man, I gotta bite my tongue again........OUCH!

crashedthecar wrote: Does anyone know many beta testers there were?
I don't think that info really matters at this point now that they've finally released the beta...(which they are calling a demo) to the general public for testing.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Finally got it installed and spent a little bit of time with it (v1.02). No crashes during VST scan or in the app itself after testing a wide variety of 32/64bit plugins (I like that you can use them interchangeably like this). Seems pretty stable for me so far. Very snappy, responsive UI even on my older Mac. Interface is a bit on the "busy" side, but clearly very flexible and I like all the customizable layout panels. I'm really curious to test how it handles latency. What I like so far:

* "Zero latency" VST instrument and effect plugins introduce no additional latency at all, even when stacked 20 times unlike Live which consumes a full buffer for each instance.
* Tracks and sends display cumulative latency values
* Each track can be individually set to Pre or Post fader for effect sends (unlike Live)

I can confirm that buffer sizes below 128 samples sound distorted/garbled for me as well. I never run my DAWs that low, but for those that do hopefully this will be improved in a later update.
Last edited by Tronam on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

summer2000 wrote:
I don't think that info really matters at this point now that they've finally released the beta...(which they are calling a demo) to the general public for testing.
Ah! I see what you did there. I think that is one way of putting it.

hibidy wrote:
summer2000 wrote:
Ah! I see what you did there. I think that is one way of putting it.
Don't get me wrong, I really like Bitwig Studio so far from what I've seen during my initial testing of the demo. I think it can easily replace Reaper, Reason, Sonar, and Studio One (my current DAWs) in my rig assuming they address all the major issues everyone has been gripping about the last few hours after the initial release.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Yeah, I have a tough time with "easily" replace but glad you are diggin' it. I've got no doubt they'll address the issues. I just think that that price and that product are quite a ways off imho.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”