What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Time Traveling isn't time traveling

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

1752 posts since 20 May, 2010, from between a star and the sea

Postby havran; Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:13 pm Re: Time Traveling isn't time traveling

highkoo wrote:We are the master timeline?

What are the chances of that?

Literally one/infinity.

It's closer to 137/infinity. That's a significant difference.
KVRAF

Postby havran; Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:23 pm Re: Time Traveling isn't time traveling

October the 1st is too late
KVRAF

2176 posts since 18 Oct, 2010, from Texas

Postby ntom; Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 pm Re: Time Traveling isn't time traveling

highkoo wrote:We are the master timeline?

What are the chances of that?

Literally one/infinity.

didn't think I would return to this thread, but I do feel the need to clear this up:

The theory is based on our perspective from this universe as one part of the web, but I state that all the universes are connected by a web of stems for every event on everything for every moment in time.

Not that it matters much, no one seems to take this very seriously and seem to use it as good grounds to just laugh at me, so I'll just laugh with you guys :lol:
KVRAF

Postby havran; Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:25 pm Re: Time Traveling isn't time traveling

The problem is, all those putative variants end up withering on the vine, and we are stuck with this particular timeline as it grinds itself out moment by moment, or maybe we should say it is stuck with the unappreciative likes of us.

Would we treat even one more timeline any better? Isn't a dream of infinite timelines an evasion of responsibility?
KVRAF

Postby ntom; Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 pm Re: Time Traveling isn't time traveling

Well I'm certain once time travel is perfected, whatever the laws are on whatever succeeding theory of time travel is there may be those who try to use it as a method to avoid the responsibility of our current time line, but as of now, it certainly is fun to think about.

But, if there were infinitely many timelines, I'm certain we would see a number of people destroy other timelines just as our own. But that leaves a few questions:
If there are infinitely many, destroying a timeline would seem insignificant in the scheme of things as there is infinitely more universes that are the same but untampered.

Would moving between universes ultimately expand the Web of existing universes by creating ones from the events that are created by shifting between universes?

Also, thank you Havran, I appreciate your response, even if the op is asinine.
KVRAF

Postby havran; Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:35 pm Re: Time Traveling isn't time traveling

Oh now, the op was fine.

But I wonder if by "time travel" the op meant "anywhere travel", because to think of things in an XYZT framework is a little artificial and not necessarily true. ;-)

"I'm sorry, sir, but the T line is closed for repairs."

"Oh? What happened?"

"I don't know the details, sir, but apparently it got all intermeshy."
KVRAF

Postby ntom; Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:15 am Re: Time Traveling isn't time traveling

Well, in a sense, yeah, it's travel anywhere to any universe. And assuming that there are infinitely many universes, there exists universes that are on a slower or even faster time line than our own, so traveling to those universes effectively is the same as time traveling but rather than the literal act of moving through our plane of time, it's actually moving from one space of existence to another in an equally same universe that is simply slower in the time line.
Well, that's the theory any way. And that's not to say limit your thinking of this to strictly time travel, but also the ability to visit alternate universes.
Like the universe where I didn't make this post, instead I kept the thread in my head.
KVRAF

Postby ntom; Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:38 am Re: Time Traveling isn't time traveling

Ah, and here is one more for you:
Following the law of conservation of matter, would moving an object from one universe to another be breaking this law? Or is all matter shared across all universes?
Or if all matter is contained to one universe, would moving an object from universe to another effectively render the 2 universes into a self contained multiuniverse that is essentially 1 universe that harbors 2 universes inside it?
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic