FLStudio for Mac - confirmed O_O

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah!

:band2:

My first DAW was Orion, so that one has that special place for me. FL was the second and the one that could have been the keeper, but it was missing too many things in those days. It gained a lot of functionality since, but I was long gone to pastures Mac. The beta worked but not enough to want to commit to it. A native app is a different story though so I'm looking forward to that one for sure.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

gamecat666 wrote: I kind of like what they did with the windows8 touch version 'FL Groove'

might just be me though.. ;)
I love FL Groove when I just want to f__k around a while! Awesome stuff! :tu:
[Insert Signature Here]

I think the beta for both FLStudio and (if it's out by now) MiniHost Modular finally pays off.

Taking a look at the host market currently (faux pas by the big 3 come to mind)... I think there will be a definite shift happening in the near future.

This might actually be a welcome move.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Every time I've messed with a host after switching to Mac, I missed the swing, the parametric eq (2), Spectroman and the Peak controller. The Peak controller was crucial to mixing for me and Logic's PEQ is not as precise as FLS'. And while IL have added many features, it doesn't feel like bloatware like Cubase. I'm sure this would make a killing for them in new customers.
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

Ironic how IL starts developing FL Studio for Mac, about the same time as I decide to move back from Mac to Windows (due to stuff unrelated to FL Studio). :)

D.Josef wrote:Ironic how IL starts developing FL Studio for Mac, about the same time as I decide to move back from Mac to Windows (due to stuff unrelated to FL Studio). :)
I think my computer timeline goes something like Apple ][e > Amiga > PC > Mac > PC > Mac now for the past 5 years. I could switch back to PC again, but I've been running out of really strong reasons to do so. They've grown so similar nowadays that it would require significant convincing to go through the hassle of another migration. I'm not a gamer anymore and performance improvements feel less significant relative to the good old days of single core processors in the early 2000s.

Excited. Very excited.
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel
MacBook Pro, iMac, Software, Hardware, Instruments, etc.

joeyfivecents wrote:Excited. Very excited.

me too...Grady in the house :D
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yes sir! Nice to see you are still around old friend.
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel
MacBook Pro, iMac, Software, Hardware, Instruments, etc.

joeyfivecents wrote:Yes sir! Nice to see you are still around old friend.
I am and I know we keep saying we have to stay in touch...I'm always here and of course you can contact me through soundcloud...it's good to see you too Grady, it's always good to see you around :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Tronam wrote:I could switch back to PC again, but I've been running out of really strong reasons to do so. They've grown so similar nowadays that it would require significant convincing to go through the hassle of another migration. I'm not a gamer anymore and performance improvements feel less significant relative to the good old days of single core processors in the early 2000s.
I feel the same way.

I've always thought FLS was a good environment to get things done. I hope it works out for them financially too. They have a strange business model that I assume works but platform migration is real work. They already have a few thigns that are cross-platform so I'm sure they have an idea of what's ahead.

I remember my boxed copy of FL way way back (version 4??) said in the manual

Mac - NEVER

haha, congrats!

LOL!
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”