IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

+1
MacBook Pro" i7 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM | MacOS Ventura | PreSonus Studio 824c Interface | Bitwig Studio 5.1

That's the target - to release SampleTank around the middle of the year, and yes it has been taking a long time but at this point we're not going to rush the last leg of it and sacrifice quality. We're doing our best to get it out as soon as we can, though, of course and as we enter into this stage where we move beyond merely having it available to use at trade shows like NAMM and Musikmesse, transitioning into the beta testing stage and beyond, we'll continue to progress and have a great product ready to share more broadly and then, of course, ship. Thank you for your patience.

So then the real question should be,
"What's the count on how many 'targets' have been set and missed?"
:hihi:

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Probably, the iToys have been much higher priorities since they, potentially, we're a much more immediate growth market. For several years, IK put all pro audio products on the back burner. It's been slowly clambering back into the pro audio niche, but, I would imagine, more immediate releases (such as t-racks effects) always get the higher priority as they keep IK clothed and fed while developing ST3.

BBFG# wrote:So then the real question should be,
Wait, weren't you the ultimate defender of IKM not so long ago ?
Anybody who made comments like that you would have jumped on for trying to "bait" IK staff or "Downgrade" Sampletanks quality/value haha
You do realize that all posts are easily found on this forum right ?

Got to love how peoples stance changes so drastically when they don't get what they think they are going to get.
Duh

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:transitioning into the beta testing stage and beyond,
Into the Beta testing phase ? Certainly it's been in Beta for a long time ? If you need an experienced Beta Tester able to test on multiple systems and Hosts let me know..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

bungle wrote:
BBFG# wrote:So then the real question should be,
Wait, weren't you the ultimate defender of IKM not so long ago ?
Anybody who made comments like that you would have jumped on for trying to "bait" IK staff or "Downgrade" Sampletanks quality/value haha
You do realize that all posts are easily found on this forum right ?

Got to love how peoples stance changes so drastically when they don't get what they think they are going to get.
the truth has "never" been spoken/written better than this!!!

a total 180!!!

:tu:

Peter, Can we hear some sampletank 3 electric guitar sounds please?

I defend what is right accordingly.
Price-wise, (GB&sales), what they have now is a great product.
The two members that are often seen as IKM trolls by others, I don't see as such (although one all but admits to it). The litigious one mostly makes good and valid points concerning their transfer fees and policies, and while I don't get as embittered, I have agreed with his points while accepting that IKM dose not and probably won't.
Continually, I have warned about getting caught up in the promises of a future product (which left me by the end of 2013.
My stance is they have a good product that works for me that I got at a great price. Even though I bought their 64 bit products at a great price that crash without opening on my system (apparently an anomaly of which I seem to be a lone member of), hearing so many great reports from others using their 64 bit fx leads me to accepting that I need to move on from their current 64 bit software and be wary of the promised future STank3 until I can run said demo first to make that decision.
Likewise, I'm preparing for the day when the 32 bit IKMs can no longer keep up with my few needed uses of it. For the GB/sale price, it's still great, especially if it works on your system.
As for being hard on the reps, it's just about them being unwilling to admit they don't know either and staying away from places they know they might have to answer that.

If thar be trolls, thar be a troll battle between them. I try to stay neutral between them and see them for what they really are, because both sometimes make good points through all their fervor. My only change in position is whether the sales force belongs here.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And seriously, if Peter is only going to post commercials, then let him do it where it's appropriate (which, IMO, is not on these threads).

One more thing, with all the time spent with support, uninstalling and re-installing their software, the greatest amount of time wasted with IKM has not been with dealing with that, but in discussing it in these threads.

Right now I have licenses for TotalStudio3 with the Grand T-racks upgrade (which I'm selling at the sale prices I got them for - taking the loss for fees). I have two more STank2 licenses I plan on keeping and using until I find no use for them, as well as the other four VIs (of which I use two regularly).
I know one of the others say they still use theirs too
For the price, they're pretty good sound palettes.
Doubtful you can find better without spending a whole lot more money.

Note: The fees I mention are eBay fees. IKM support has been quite generous in waiving theirs for these two products. Which still speaks highly of them.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BBFG# wrote:I defend what is right accordingly.
Price-wise, (GB&sales), what they have now is a great product.
The two members that are often seen as IKM trolls by others, I don't see as such (although one all but admits to it). The litigious one mostly makes good and valid points concerning their transfer fees and policies, and while I don't get as embittered, I have agreed with his points while accepting that IKM dose not and probably won't.
Continually, I have warned about getting caught up in the promises of a future product (which left me by the end of 2013.
My stance is they have a good product that works for me that I got at a great price. Even though I bought their 64 bit products at a great price that crash without opening on my system (apparently an anomaly of which I seem to be a lone member of), hearing so many great reports from others using their 64 bit fx leads me to accepting that I need to move on from their current 64 bit software and be wary of the promised future STank3 until I can run said demo first to make that decision.
Likewise, I'm preparing for day when the 32 bit IKMs can no longer keep up with my few needed uses of it. For the GB/sale price, it's still great, especially if it works on your system.
As for being hard on the reps, it's just about them being unwilling to admit they don't know either and staying away from places they know they mighr have to answer that.

If thar be trolls, thar be a troll battle between them. I try to stay neutral between them and see them for what they really are, because both sometimes make good points through all their fervor.
i have been banned twice for my posts in ik multimedia threads... also warned... Ben is a cool guy... cant be mad at him... he has a business to run... but if you would go back and read my posts in those threads... the premise is "exactly" what i "bolded" out in the above... since Feb 2004 have only posted 348 times on this forum... that is a little more than 10 years... you/anyone can call me a troll... but everything i wrote was and still is true... Ben's problem with me was writing the same thing over and over again... i.e. drilling my point home... like he informed me... i only had to write it once... the other individuals pointing about your inconsistencies in your statement is right on... you cant sugar coat it... because the verbiage is there...

if you go back to my ik multimedia posts... i wrote... you cant knock there products... i use sampletank 2.5 with jbridge as a scratch pad app on my lappy... there are time when you do not want to run through all different types of menu to get what you want... i believe you have stated "something" of the same about sampletank... the problem has been and still is the way the release of ST 3 has gone... and you have hit the nail on the head with this statement... As for being hard on the reps, it's just about them being unwilling to admit they don't know either and staying away from places they know they mighr have to answer that.... if you go my to my post in those ik multimedia thread... i was pointing out the inconsistencies of what was said... some call that "TROLLING"... i call it pointing out inconsistencies... yes... i may have been disrespectful in my posts... but trying to get at the truth while receiving in consistence statement is a little upsetting... which leads "in some cases" of being disrespectful... it like be lied to...

you enjoy your day today... and i have learned from Ben... i only need to make my point once... therefore i will leave it at that...

I don't think of you as a troll neverenough, although when you start taking too much delight in stirring the pot, even I tend to scan over your posts. I'm sure others do the same with me.
But trolls generally look for trigger topics to join in and in some ways , I can see where that would imply more than the three of us. Equally so, it would include the other team also (IKM reps).
Like I've said, I try to see what each is presenting, which means using a strong set of filters at times.

I'm never surprised when these threads get locked now, it seems to be their nature and destiny.

And enjoy your day also.
Me? I have to go take a tent off my house.

Right, let's stop this before I ban everyone.

This is a new IK ST3 thread. Your opinions have been heard in previous ones. Please don't post the same old stuff in this one.

If you don't wish to discuss ST3 but just want to bang on about the same old negative crap let me know and I'll ban you.

Return to “Instruments”