Dreamroom_alpha1 (horror/thriller movie theme)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. Haven`t posted for a long time so decided to post this from off the dusty shelf.
Just some creepy music, no big deal.
:)
https://soundcloud.com/annode-1/annode- ... oom-alpha1
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

The first 50 seconds or so was very SciFi. The picture on SC looked like a hospital scene from a movie. The final 6 minutes had a slow, relentless quality that left me with a feeling of moving towards something uncertain and troubling. I really liked those low string sounds. Very ominous.

Good work :)

After a bit of lo-fi synth misdirection this turns into a powerful orchestral piece. The ominous double bass is the driving force but the other plucked and percussive instruments add tension. Everything is off kilter because all instruments start their phrases on different beats. Very original.

Seismic1
Good work
Thanks, happy to have you listen.
The picture on SC looked like a hospital scene from a movie.
Yes, it does look that way. She is actually an ex-girlfriend whom I recently found being used as a model on a medical website page. Didn`t go too much trouble choosing a pix to somewhat match the piece title....but she is sort of wearing pajamas, so I used it. :)

Frantz
After a bit of lo-fi synth misdirection
What hat 1st bit is doing in this I can`t tell you...I don`t even remember making the thing...I almost edited it out before posting, but it`s just some scrap composition I had abandoned long ago, so I didn`t go to any trouble to improve on it.
The ominous double bass is the driving force but the other plucked and percussive instruments add tension. Everything is off kilter because all instruments start their phrases on different beats. Very original.
I believe you`ve clearly captured it`s essence with your review. I especially appreciate hearing you say it sounds original. You can `t say that about a lot of stuff we hear.
Thanks for listening to it Frantz.
Last edited by annode on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

sounded good mixwise... kinda repetative towards the end but could work as background music for a suspense scene in a movie.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Reminds me of background music for the X-Files in the opening scenes. The strings feel heavy and depressing. I'm wondering how the mood would change without the strings, just the percussive elements and the sparse melodic instruments.

layzer wrote:sounded good mixwise... kinda repetative towards the end but could work as background music for a suspense scene in a movie.
Thanks for listening and your feedback.
Agreed, it`s all repetitive in it`s composition...but tolerable I think because each part serves a purpose. The flute is the theme, the low strings move it along serving as it`s foundation, plucked harp provides mystery, and the upper string section complete the combined images. Very simple but modestly effective for a movie background theme. Oh...and the percussive bit thrown in for some rhythmic acrobatics. :hihi:

Genetic_Junk wrote:Reminds me of background music for the X-Files in the opening scenes. The strings feel heavy and depressing. I'm wondering how the mood would change without the strings, just the percussive elements and the sparse melodic instruments.
Hmmm, just had a listen to the x-files theme and I can see some voicing and mysterious similarity...I assume you mean "opening scenes" to mean the theme? Definitely I meant it for background.
Dark and depressed is part of my nature, so that comes naturally.:)
Next time i`m in my music PC, i`ll see if I still have the original Cubase production. Maybe I can mute the strings and see how it sounds like that. Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for posting a comment Genetic Junk . :)

You are welcome. :)

I didn't mean the opening theme. I meant the background for the opening scenes after the intro. Set the stage background music. I watched the first seven seasons on Netflix a few months ago so memory is a little hazy, but your strings sort of had the same feel.

Oh my, this really speaks to me, absolutely love it. There'a a rocking chair in my head. Sure glad you dusted this off Barry, thanks! 8)
Image Image

This is great! Spooky and interesting.

Dust off some more... :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”