Blizzard - piano/electronic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this was done almost entirely with EnergyXT2's built in sampler synth using sounds i sampled, looped and programmed.

this is V2 mix, after Frantz's review.

https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/blizzard

bass - EXT2 sampler

pads/strings - Korg T2ex

lead/piano - EXT2 sampler

drums/FX - Linplug RMiV / EXT2 drum sampler

----------------------------------------------------------------------

DAW - Image

Mastering - Image

Digital Effects - Image

enjoy!! :x
Last edited by layzer on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Good tune with nice atmospheric effects and sound design. :phones:

There were parts when I thought the piano could be louder. A little automation might help.

Frantz wrote:Good tune with nice atmospheric effects and sound design. :phones:

There were parts when I thought the piano could be louder. A little automation might help.
thanks Frantz, can always count on you for picking out the stuff that needs a re-check.
i agree the piano dynamics got buried in some spots so i leveled out the velocity of the notes a little more on the loud side :D plus there were some piano chord notes that didnt quite sound right, soooooo as of the time you posted your comment, there is a new mix in its place :borg:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
Frantz wrote:Good tune with nice atmospheric effects and sound design. :phones:

thanks Frantz, can always count on you for picking out the stuff that needs a re-check.
i agree the piano dynamics got buried in some spots so i leveled out the velocity of the notes a little more on the loud side :D plus there were some piano chord notes that didnt quite sound right, soooooo as of the time you posted your comment, there is a new mix in its place :borg:
Glad you mentioned this, I was thinking that the piano was sounding good...

Enjoyable track layzer. All the bits sound good. The piano in some bits reminds me of supertramp's crime of the century. Great chords. Excellent! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nice job.
Liked the sound. Good sequencing/sampling.
Composition takes a back seat, but that`s typical in the Cafe.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

layzer wrote:i agree the piano dynamics got buried in some spots so i leveled out the velocity of the notes a little more on the loud side :D plus there were some piano chord notes that didnt quite sound right, soooooo as of the time you posted your comment, there is a new mix in its place :borg:
I think the changes were subtle but it does sound good. :tu:

Nice little piece. One thing I would do is completely cut off the background aspects just before the piano hits occur (e.g. 0:57 and 1:30). This would make me appreciate (not take for granted) both the piano and the other aspects. Also perhaps completely get rid of the melody and harmony in the middle of piece for a few bars in favor of atonal effects (e.g. cymbal flange or other swooshes). Of course IMO.

This one made for a very pleasant 150 seconds listening, so I played it three times :) I can see what John was talking about when he mentioned Supertramp. Lovely choice of sounds which definitely fit the image of a whiteout. We may actually escape the winter months without seeing any snow here.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”