Housy Stuff (kinda silly)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/skoshu/your-house-smells-funny

forcing myself to finish some stuff lying around. was too bored with this thing initially, so i gave it a bit of "weirdup" treatment (as Frantz would probably say).
when i arrived at the silly disco idea, i got motivated enough to finish it up...

not sure about the mix, highs seem a bit heavy sometimes.
kind of fed up with it by now, but listening to it stoned was tremendous fun. though that might have more to do with not having smoked for months prior. :lol:

Edit: wth is up with the 70+ thread views after that little time? Seems fishy lol

Sounded good to me straight.
Lots of time an effort in this and it paid off I think.
The mutant disco generation theme is pretty damn funny.
Very creative work, kept my attention all the way through.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

very quirky smorgasborg of sounds going on here, but very well mixed together, loved the sync lead, nice job :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Lots of good disco/funk ideas started and aborted in rapid succession. It comes across as a spoof or commentary on disco/funk. Fake vinyl crackles included.

Is it fun, funky, or frustrating? Frunkstration?

Thanks for the input everyone! Happy you found some enjoyable stuff in there.
I feel more secure about the mix now, because it sounds just right on the bose soundlink i use for ipad playback.

Frantz: i value your input as a critic. Your short comments are food for thought more often than not, or at least entertaining. :)
Agree on the spoof/commentary notion somewhat. I don't find the idea abortion factor that overwhelming in this particular mix, but i know it's a general theme in my music, and sometimes a problem i acknowledge.

I got an unrelated question: does anyone know what's up with the sometimes huge disproportion between thread clicks and music playback? Something like 5:1 would still make sense, but here it's like way over 10:1.
I've wondered about that before when looking at other's tracks.

Many of those thread views (clicks) are probably from search engine spiders.

I like the way you ratchet up the funk quotient throughout this piece. The various bass sounds/lines are great and the lead synths really rock. Lots of fun was had here following the groove changes.

Good work :)

Ew, f**king spiders get off my thread!

Seismic: sweet, glad you dig.
I feel i've underestimated Manybass for quite a while. Now that i'm completely comfy using it, it's not that hard to go for the funk. I'm thinking about doing a more purist funk piece next.
Old imposcar also does a great job at funk leads. Though the sync thing in this one is synth 1 :)

Groovy sound especially around 3:30. Reminds me a bit of Mouse on Mars' new album "Parastrophics". I feel like the groove/rhythm is the cohesive element here. Mix sounds good to me; everything is in its place.

Thanks for listening and commenting. I tried to unify everything with the sync lead riff, it rarely takes a break, just moves back a bit.
Heard some mouse on mars bfore, might check it out!

Btw, i feel like bumping your tune if it falls off page 1, until it has at least 3 pages of thread :)
I aspire to reach similar levels of sonic goodness. I feel it's needed when the composition is that far out (talking about your tune)

Wow, what a tour de force! So much going on here a real hasty disco circus show with so many ideas/details. And I like it - as it's not the usual dance track. :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Thanks man!
Yeah, i was listening to some club sound coming from an open air thing next door the other day, and thought about how i'm not really capable of making dance tracks. I enjoy the vibe a good trance inducing edm piece has, but i don't enjoy sequencing that too much.
But who knows, maybe making a few more hybrids like this one will make me appreciate the monotony more. I'm sure it's nice as well to get completely lost in a single groove making music, and not care about adding content. It's just not where i come from.

Return to “Music Cafe”