NI Molekular [threads merged]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I doubt it can be bigger "hit" than Monark was among the synths.
Dunno if Molekular is better for drums than BrakTweaker from Izotope ... will try the demo.
Nowadays there are many sound mangle tools, why do we need one more?

Just realized BreakTweaker is an instrument : )
But its molecular too :
"Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market."

dune_rave wrote:Just realized BreakTweaker is an instrument : )
But its molecular too :
"Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market."
without signal ?

Processing a simple balaphon synth sound (Tassman) with Molekular using a custom patch:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... -molekular

I go to "sampleconstruct" for my info. But alas, it's just too much and my personal use would be too limited.

Jamming with a caviar can patch from my Alchemy Bank Alchemistry Metallurgy, processed with NI Molekular. The dry signal fades out after a while and only the molecules remain :)

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -molekular

I don't have the CPU or the cash for this right now, but it seems pretty interesting. Some of the patches absolutely kill my poor little i5-750.

dune_rave wrote:I doubt it can be bigger "hit" than Monark was among the synths.
Dunno if Molekular is better for drums than BrakTweaker from Izotope ... will try the demo.
Breaktweaker is a lot more rigid than Molekular when it comes to sound mangling. I don't doubt that anything can be used creatively with the right mindset, but in general, Breaktweaker seemed to me to be mostly about recreating BT's signature edits in your own music. For anyone with a sense of identity when it comes to DSP mangling, that's a bit of a turn off.

Molekular on the other hand says "hey, look at all this stuff" and then lets you connect it together in infinite different ways. I've only just started experimenting with the feedback and feedforward, and right off the bat I've gotten everything from diffuse delays to vibey saturated overload from that one knob in one constellation of effects.

No doubt both can be useful but Molekular is in another universe of options and sheer enable-ment, making Tweaker seem overall a bit gimmicky (though again, I stress, the user is the most important ingredient so take that with a pinch of lava).
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
dune_rave wrote:I doubt it can be bigger "hit" than Monark was among the synths.
Breaktweaker is a lot more rigid than Molekular when it comes to sound mangling. I don't doubt that anything can be used creatively with the right mindset, but in general, Breaktweaker seemed to me to be mostly about recreating BT's signature edits in your own music. For anyone with a sense of identity when it comes to DSP mangling, that's a bit of a turn off.

Molekular on the other hand says "hey, look at all this stuff" and then lets you connect it together in infinite different ways. I've only just started experimenting with the feedback and feedforward, and right off the bat I've gotten everything from diffuse delays to vibey saturated overload from that one knob in one constellation of effects.

No doubt both can be useful but Molekular is in another universe of options and sheer enable-ment, making Tweaker seem overall a bit gimmicky (though again, I stress, the user is the most important ingredient so take that with a pinch of lava).
I'm a Breaktweaker fan but I'm not sure why it's even being mentioned in this thread. Totally different animal. I dismissed it at first, but I kind of fell in love with it's synth engine. The stutter stuff is somewhat fun and nice if you use it sparingly, but it's a surprisingly versatile little drum (or anything) sample player and synth engine.

Compare it to something like MUX or Quantumfx... hell, I use Guitar Rig as a semi-modular effect plug in... but Breaktweaker? Not even similar.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Breaktweaker is an example of other multi-fx type things though (or something that can be used as one in soundmangling terms). I've not used it.

I'm all for less linear mangling and processing, and this seems perfick for it. Although, as has been mentioned, it can do the synced up lockstep stuff just as well - but if that's you're main squeeze then it might be a bit overkill...

I'm all for overkill too! :hyper:
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

zerocrossing wrote:I dismissed it at first, but I kind of fell in love with it's synth engine.
I was starting to really like the synth section of it, but the price was just too high for me - especially when I have Massive and Zebra which have wavetables pretty much covered.

Of course, people have also said Molekular is too expensive, and I felt the same, until I had a poke around inside it. It's definitely bigger on the inside if you ask me.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

MOLEKULAR is the modular effects system – inspiring effects, limitless routing, and electrifying performance possibilities. 35 effects deliver new ways to twist your sound
Create effects systems and set them in motion
Designed for inspiring, musical performances

MOLEKULAR will change the way you use effects. Design your own modular system with 35 exclusive effects. Set it in motion with powerful modulation. Then perform your effects with the interactive morphing field. MOLEKULAR will expand your sonic imagination – get ready to be inspired.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... molekular/

Kaboom75 wrote:MOLEKULAR is the modular effects system – inspiring effects, limitless routing, and electrifying performance possibilities. 35 effects deliver new ways to twist your sound
Create effects systems and set them in motion
Designed for inspiring, musical performances

MOLEKULAR will change the way you use effects. Design your own modular system with 35 exclusive effects. Set it in motion with powerful modulation. Then perform your effects with the interactive morphing field. MOLEKULAR will expand your sonic imagination – get ready to be inspired.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... molekular/
Are you working for NI? :lol:

Regarding Stutter Edit & BreakTweaker

I actually demoed StutterEdit it once and designed a few presets and i thought It sounded great but I mostly got the impression that it could be used too much and someone might go "oh hey you used stutter edit didnt you"

lol
:borg:

I've thought that about a lot of the stuttery, granular, idm-my-track-for-me type plugs. That's what made me get into synthedit and start making my own glitchery gadgets.

I've come across someone who used very obvious things and done really novel stuff though (I'm thinking of that beat stuttery thing in FLStudio that I never use). The steps they went through were a bit long-winded but that's what it takes to get something unique out of common tools and make them yours.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Return to “Effects”