What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

NI Molekular [threads merged]

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

dune_rave
KVRist

436 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:38 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

I doubt it can be bigger "hit" than Monark was among the synths.
Dunno if Molekular is better for drums than BrakTweaker from Izotope ... will try the demo.
Nowadays there are many sound mangle tools, why do we need one more?
dune_rave
KVRist

436 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:44 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Just realized BreakTweaker is an instrument : )
But its molecular too :
"Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market."
Krakatau
KVRAF

4572 posts since 24 May, 2002, from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Postby Krakatau; Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:34 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

dune_rave wrote:Just realized BreakTweaker is an instrument : )
But its molecular too :
"Manipulate audio at a molecular level: Reinvent any beat by controlling pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution on the market."

without signal ?
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

6552 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:15 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Processing a simple balaphon synth sound (Tassman) with Molekular using a custom patch:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... -molekular
hibidy
KVRAF

40993 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:28 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

I go to "sampleconstruct" for my info. But alas, it's just too much and my personal use would be too limited.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

6552 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:26 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Jamming with a caviar can patch from my Alchemy Bank Alchemistry Metallurgy, processed with NI Molekular. The dry signal fades out after a while and only the molecules remain :)

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -molekular
heffus
KVRian

1049 posts since 3 Aug, 2005, from Chicago

Postby heffus; Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:59 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

I don't have the CPU or the cash for this right now, but it seems pretty interesting. Some of the patches absolutely kill my poor little i5-750.
Sendy
KVRAF

4417 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:24 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

dune_rave wrote:I doubt it can be bigger "hit" than Monark was among the synths.
Dunno if Molekular is better for drums than BrakTweaker from Izotope ... will try the demo.

Breaktweaker is a lot more rigid than Molekular when it comes to sound mangling. I don't doubt that anything can be used creatively with the right mindset, but in general, Breaktweaker seemed to me to be mostly about recreating BT's signature edits in your own music. For anyone with a sense of identity when it comes to DSP mangling, that's a bit of a turn off.

Molekular on the other hand says "hey, look at all this stuff" and then lets you connect it together in infinite different ways. I've only just started experimenting with the feedback and feedforward, and right off the bat I've gotten everything from diffuse delays to vibey saturated overload from that one knob in one constellation of effects.

No doubt both can be useful but Molekular is in another universe of options and sheer enable-ment, making Tweaker seem overall a bit gimmicky (though again, I stress, the user is the most important ingredient so take that with a pinch of lava).
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
zerocrossing
KVRAF

7174 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:45 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Sendy wrote:
dune_rave wrote:I doubt it can be bigger "hit" than Monark was among the synths.

Breaktweaker is a lot more rigid than Molekular when it comes to sound mangling. I don't doubt that anything can be used creatively with the right mindset, but in general, Breaktweaker seemed to me to be mostly about recreating BT's signature edits in your own music. For anyone with a sense of identity when it comes to DSP mangling, that's a bit of a turn off.

Molekular on the other hand says "hey, look at all this stuff" and then lets you connect it together in infinite different ways. I've only just started experimenting with the feedback and feedforward, and right off the bat I've gotten everything from diffuse delays to vibey saturated overload from that one knob in one constellation of effects.

No doubt both can be useful but Molekular is in another universe of options and sheer enable-ment, making Tweaker seem overall a bit gimmicky (though again, I stress, the user is the most important ingredient so take that with a pinch of lava).

I'm a Breaktweaker fan but I'm not sure why it's even being mentioned in this thread. Totally different animal. I dismissed it at first, but I kind of fell in love with it's synth engine. The stutter stuff is somewhat fun and nice if you use it sparingly, but it's a surprisingly versatile little drum (or anything) sample player and synth engine.

Compare it to something like MUX or Quantumfx... hell, I use Guitar Rig as a semi-modular effect plug in... but Breaktweaker? Not even similar.
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

762 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:56 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Breaktweaker is an example of other multi-fx type things though (or something that can be used as one in soundmangling terms). I've not used it.

I'm all for less linear mangling and processing, and this seems perfick for it. Although, as has been mentioned, it can do the synced up lockstep stuff just as well - but if that's you're main squeeze then it might be a bit overkill...

I'm all for overkill too! :hyper:
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
Sendy
KVRAF

4417 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:59 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

zerocrossing wrote:I dismissed it at first, but I kind of fell in love with it's synth engine.

I was starting to really like the synth section of it, but the price was just too high for me - especially when I have Massive and Zebra which have wavetables pretty much covered.

Of course, people have also said Molekular is too expensive, and I felt the same, until I had a poke around inside it. It's definitely bigger on the inside if you ask me.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
Kaboom75
KVRian

1432 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from England

Postby Kaboom75; Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:44 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

MOLEKULAR is the modular effects system – inspiring effects, limitless routing, and electrifying performance possibilities. 35 effects deliver new ways to twist your sound
Create effects systems and set them in motion
Designed for inspiring, musical performances

MOLEKULAR will change the way you use effects. Design your own modular system with 35 exclusive effects. Set it in motion with powerful modulation. Then perform your effects with the interactive morphing field. MOLEKULAR will expand your sonic imagination – get ready to be inspired.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... molekular/
Neon Breath
KVRAF

1774 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Postby Neon Breath; Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:47 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Kaboom75 wrote:MOLEKULAR is the modular effects system – inspiring effects, limitless routing, and electrifying performance possibilities. 35 effects deliver new ways to twist your sound
Create effects systems and set them in motion
Designed for inspiring, musical performances

MOLEKULAR will change the way you use effects. Design your own modular system with 35 exclusive effects. Set it in motion with powerful modulation. Then perform your effects with the interactive morphing field. MOLEKULAR will expand your sonic imagination – get ready to be inspired.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... molekular/

Are you working for NI? :lol:

4138 posts since 3 Jul, 2012

Postby V0RT3X; Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:08 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Regarding Stutter Edit & BreakTweaker

I actually demoed StutterEdit it once and designed a few presets and i thought It sounded great but I mostly got the impression that it could be used too much and someone might go "oh hey you used stutter edit didnt you"

lol
Having the best tools and technical knowledge isn't gonna do much for you if you don't understand how to make good music.
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

762 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:19 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

I've thought that about a lot of the stuttery, granular, idm-my-track-for-me type plugs. That's what made me get into synthedit and start making my own glitchery gadgets.

I've come across someone who used very obvious things and done really novel stuff though (I'm thinking of that beat stuttery thing in FLStudio that I never use). The steps they went through were a bit long-winded but that's what it takes to get something unique out of common tools and make them yours.
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects