What Synths will set you Free???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
farlukar wrote:OnePingOnly isn't getting much love these days.
Can it do a JP Brass sound?
By posting this directly after me it is obvious to who this is addressed.

its addressed to the person i quoted, its quite obvious, thats what quotes are for :roll:
Ingonator wrote:That joke is really not funny anymore...

the joke is, you have such a high opinion of yourself, you think every comment at KvR involves you. Its dfoesnt, get over yourself. :roll:

trimph1 wrote:My three I tend to play with a lot are Aalto, Alchemy and ACE....
someone better hide this guy's credit card before he realises there are other great synths brought to us by other letters of the alphabet

BasariStudios wrote:In my current understanding, knowledge, experience and liking i think having Diva, Zebra, Blue 2 and SynthMaster (i own them all) will Set you free to actually start making music and stop testing Demos and Presets on hundreds of VSTis. Of course you need Samplers, Drum Machines, FX and other things but Synth wise i think...wouldn't this 4 Machines cover everything? I think the problem with VSTs is that its easy to get them, cost cheap and you don't see them around your studio (i would actually love to see Diva thrown around here). What if one had those 4 Synths in Hardware version, would he be looking for more? I still think the best4 musical things to happen in my life is those 4 Synths. I can bring the SEM V close to them but not as close. Any thoughts? Its not a WHICH IS BETTER thing, just share your thoughts.
Actually you can start making music with a single synth.

My own list of the 4 desert island essential synths will be very different from yours, though I won 2 of these synths and enjoy them a lot.

Then if the question is ' will 4 synths cover everything', whatever the synths, and with an experience I can see as similar to yours with synthesizers, my conclusion is just the opposite. Obviously no.

But like I said, in good hands, a single synth is enough to make good music. Its the man behind who counts. Now it depends on the musical genre you're after. Some only require a few synths. And some much more diverse *sound* sources. So your list is as valid as could be another one. And less synths can be as valid as much more. :shrug:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

For me it has to be Sylenth1. I've had it for years, while still looking at and buying the fresh new synths around the block, but still I go back to using the good old Sylenth most of the time. That sound.. instant gratification.

AAS Ultra Analog is another all time favourite of mine, first the VA-1 (had it long before that famous no-brainer sale) and lately the VA-2 is getting much use here. Love the sound (and sound/cpu ratio) and the ease of use, just like Sylenth.

That said, I do like to use other synths too (MuSynth, Aspect, Oxium, ACE, Curve, Aalto, Z3ta, Rhino, Xils3 LE, ABL Pro, etc. etc.) but Sylenth1 and Ultra Analog are my definitive "go-to's".
Last edited by Nielzie on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I like Retrologue, Monark and Razor. I can get what I want fast from these synths and I like to design my own sounds with them. If I can't find what I want I start to search for something in Massive or Z3ta.

Sometimes I need some complex sounds, so I use Absynth, Padshop pro or Wavestation. It is time consuming to program these synths, so mostly I just tweak what's there.

And sometimes I use the instruments that comes with the DAW especially sounds like electric piano, strings ..etc.

After all it is all about how they sound together in the mix. The combination of all elements. It doesn't matter for me who designed the sound.

BasariStudios wrote:
vurt wrote:only love will set you free.
Nah, Love usually gets you stuck.
Turello wrote:Love usually gets you stuck... ITS SO TRUE!!! :tu:
You two must be doing something "wrong" then, like treating the other person as a possession...
It's usually that, feeling controlling, that makes your love "stuck", or more properly, conditional.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

BasariStudios wrote:
BBFG# wrote:I, for one, am looking forward to what you do with kv331, BasariStudios.
I am planing on using the KV311 SynthMaster and Zebra mostly for this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 48CynaAQcm since those 2 are the most capable of doing this, Diva can not do this, Blue can do it too especially with PD. Every single bank for any VST syntht that is released out there is just Trance, EDM, Trance, EDM, i am sick of it, there is no creativity, the same Sound is just copied all over and then one octave up or down and then i wonder...who buys this banks? 90% of them Sound the same anyways for no matter what synth. I am more into CLASSIC Analog Sounds and can do a better job at that then doing Trance (which i can do too).
:tu: :clap:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Dumping all my softsynths and buying restrictive analog monosynths is what set me free - seriously. Restriction IS freedom for me personally.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Kriminal wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

its addressed to the person i quoted, its quite obvious, thats what quotes are for :roll:

the joke is, you have such a high opinion of yourself, you think every comment at KvR involves you. Its dfoesnt, get over yourself. :roll:
Since ages you are constantly attacking me in many threads here in KVR. It is known that i liked doing Jupiter Brass sounds (including at least two synth i had mention in my post like e.g. Diva) and you and others have done jokes about this multiple times.

Posting this directly after my post should not be related to me at all? Come on, do you think i am THAT stupid?

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
trimph1 wrote:My three I tend to play with a lot are Aalto, Alchemy and ACE....
someone better hide this guy's credit card before he realises there are other great synths brought to us by other letters of the alphabet

Too late...I have a mitfull here :party: :hyper:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

Since ages you are constantly attacking me in many threads here in KVR. It is known that i liked doing Jupiter Brass sounds (including at least two synth i had mention in my post like e.g. Diva) and you and others have done jokes about this multiple times.

Posting this directly after my post should not be related to me at all? Come on, do you think i am THAT stupid?

Ingo
Stupid? I wouldnt like to say....

Vain? Yes.

do_androids_dream wrote:Dumping all my softsynths and buying restrictive analog monosynths is what set me free - seriously. Restriction IS freedom for me personally.
I look at it the same way, with one Synth i created a LOT more music then with all this crap that i have now...haven't created even a single song. I had one stupid Arranger synth Korg IX 300 with which i made something almost every week. Now i have all top of the line Hardware and Software and do nothing. I believe restriction increases creativity.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:Dumping all my softsynths and buying restrictive analog monosynths is what set me free - seriously. Restriction IS freedom for me personally.
I look at it the same way, with one Synth i created a LOT more music then with all this crap that i have now...haven't created even a single song. I had one stupid Arranger synth Korg IX 300 with which i made something almost every week. Now i have all top of the line Hardware and Software and do nothing. I believe restriction increases creativity.
maybe you just ran out of ideas?

Of course...but there has to be a reason for it...checking too many synths.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

For me, it's the change from one to another that breeds creativity. It could from having a plethora of sources to a few or vice versa.

It could also be a change in knowledge that kicks the creativity into gear too.

Having experiences also.

F**k, it's anything and everything. It never stops forever, but it's never ever-present.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Return to “Instruments”