I have updated my oscilloscope plugin J-Scope to V1.1
32-bit Win VST 2.4

As well as some bug-fixes, features of V1.1 include:
  • One-shot trigger mode with optional pre- or post-delay
  • Linear, logarithmic and polar graticules with variable brightness
  • Cursor measurement of signal level, time, frequency, note
  • Stereo, mono sum, or mono difference as linear traces
  • L vs R or Sum vs Diff as X/Y Lissajous plots
  • Timebase from 1s/div (0.1Hz) to 0.1ms/div (1kHz)
  • Gain (Y) from x0.1 to x100
  • DC or AC coupled
  • Variable X-offset of trace(s)
  • Y-offsets of stereo traces individually adjustable
  • Adjustable trigger level, on positive or negative slopes
  • Display 'freeze' option
  • Adjustable phosphor persistence
  • 8 preset modes +4 user slots for quick setup
  • Fully featured donation-ware - if you like it, buy me a beer :)
Downloadable from http://jaggedplanet.com/vst/jscope.html

thanks for the update! :)
will give it a try vs the s(M)exoscope.

Looks great. I take it you're not planning a Mac/AU version?

Thank you! Now it's stable in Reaper. :wheee:

Yes, I fixed some bugs that were causing problems in Reaper and other hosts. I think it's pretty stable now, and has quite a comprehensive set of features.

Sorry, I don't have the development kit for a Mac/AU version, so it's Windows 32-bit only for now.

It's a very nice one, full options packed, and I like that old style hardware look :)
Thanks for the update!
Cheers

It looks good in silver too: :D

Interesting alternative look! More like a TV than an oscilloscope, gives it a very different feel.

Originally i was trying something more hardware myself, but i didnt get anywhere with the knobs, since the value readouts are right in the center. If i could have moved them out of the way, like i did with the sliders, i would have put the screenframe of a real oscilloscope and some silver knobs on it.

Anyhow, visuals aside, thought id let you know that while making the background for the screen ive noticed that your Y coords are slightly off. Details as follows.

- In Linear view, the positive voltage max (top) is 1.37, but the negative max (bottom) is only -1.36. To fix this, the bottom half would have to be extended by 1 pixelrow, (obviously), and another pixelrow to have a true center line again.

- The graticule center line (0.000mV) is currently 1 pixel too high.

- The graticule center line of the top half of the screen corresponds to 675mV. In the bottom half however, 675mV is currently 2 pixels below the center line. There is also an unneeded dot between the numbers and mV in the textual readout while displaying integers.

TopHalf
BottomHalf

- The upper boundary of the second ring of the POL view is one pixel lower than the lower boundary. This indicates that the entire upper half of the rings is one pixel to small.

And lastly i had also noticed a problem with the first line of the X axis. This line looks like it is glitching badly, since it behaves very erratically and doesnt seem to belong to the waveform itself. The issue could be solved easily and quickly by simply not drawing that line at all.

Thats it for now, should i find anything else i will let you know. :)

Thanks for the info.

The centre-line of the graticule being 1 pixel off 0.000V was almost certainly a conscious decision (from long ago when the project started), because if they correspond exactly then the graticule hides the trace and you can't tell that the thing is working. But perhaps I could find a tidier solution in a future update, maybe make the graticule slightly transparent.

The first line of the x-axis is not glitching, it shows you what the trace is doing before it reaches the trigger threshold, i.e. before the timebase sweep has started. This can be useful information at times.

The occasional unnecessary dot in the numeric on-screen display is slightly annoying, and will also be dealt with in a future update.

The first line of the x-axis is not glitching, it shows you what the trace is doing before it reaches the trigger threshold, i.e. before the timebase sweep has started. This can be useful information at times.
that's actually a very cool feature!

kryptonaut wrote: The first line of the x-axis is not glitching, it shows you what the trace is doing before it reaches the trigger threshold, i.e. before the timebase sweep has started. This can be useful information at times.
Ah, i see. My mistake then. Forget i brought it up.

Return to “Effects”