Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been considering purchasing Rob Papen Blue II.

The product page and videos don't really state how many banks / patches / sounds you get with this VST synth.

One of the NAMM vids Rob stated 2000 sounds and all of Blue I sounds, in another vid Rob stated 3000 sounds.

I'm a preset guy, love synths with tons of presets to play with before jumping into or trying to jump into programming my own or tweaking an existing patch.

can someone give some me some info on number of banks/patches/sounds of Blue II?

Thanks,

(probably should have posted this in the Rob Papen forum but I thought I would start here)

128 patches per bank, and there are 19 banks. So 2560 patches minus 128 = 2432 patches in total.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

MachineClaw - that's a lotta meatball don't you think?

Do you own Blue I? Decent upgrade price if so.

If Blue II is anything like Blue I (but i hear it has a larger CPU bite) then I think I'm going to do it.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Do. I have Blue 1 and 2 is light years beyond it. It sounds really good.
(I don't notice any bigger CPU. Right now I'm doing a track with 2 Massive's, 2 Omnisphere's and a Blue2. No big whoop.

Lot of presets. Good. I like a lot to play with and explore.

I do not own Blue I. this would be a new purchase of Blue II for me.

Audiodeluxe.com has Blue II going for about $154.

seems like a decent price for what this synth can do. After watching the videos on youtube I am impressed by what I've seen.

Want some more tools for the palette of sound.

thanks for the info! really appreciate it.

Actually, it's not CPU, but memory it puts the hit to.

According to Rob's newsletter (quote):
" PC: 32 & 64 bits VST/AAX for: Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
NOTE: BLUE-II should be compatible with Windows XP. However, BLUE-II does use quite a bit of memory so we recommend that you have as much memory on your machine as possible, and it's best if you use the 64 bit version."

As usual, I got cornfused :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I can't wait for one of these good sound designers to get their hands on this puppy and go to town.

We recently received BLUE 2 from Rob and will be developing sounds for it :-)
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

osiris wrote:I can't wait for one of these good sound designers to get their hands on this puppy and go to town.
He already has - he's called Rob Papen. :D

I have to say I think Blue II is excellent, particularly given the huge number of excellent presets that come with it.

I used to own Synthmaster 2 (I bought it before it actually came out, got Synthmaster 1 for free), but wasn't impressed by the presets at all - there were tons of presets that I think shouldn't have been there, because they were so naff sounding, and also many had widely varying volume levels, which made auditioning them a right pain. Eventually I sold it, (I think it was maybe six months to a year ago), as I couldn't hear what everybody else was apparently raving over. Then I saw how much the expansions cost, and thought, no way am I spending that sort of money to get hundreds more presets, and almost none of the 750 included ones (or however many it was back then) were very impressive to me. Then I looked at Rob Papen's synths, and saw that you got LOADS of presets with them, and they are top quality presets. I do think people don't appreciate how much they are actually getting with a Rob Papen synth, presets don't grow on trees. (I'm not a sound designer so I only use presets, just for the record. As if you hadn't guessed!)

1.5 million, I think...

I used Blue 2 for the lovely plucky bits on my new song:
https://soundcloud.com/lost-n-spaced/enough

Great song, nicely done man!!

I bought Blue II.

just waiting for my email with the license and I will be playing with it this weekend.

Who designed the Oddiction patches?

Think last time I used one it was 2432 or something crazy

Return to “Instruments”