What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
19906 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:26 am Re: Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

Rommelaar wrote:128 patches per bank, and there are 19 banks. So 2560 patches minus 128 = 2432 patches in total.


Actually there are more than that, but also not all of them have 128 Patches. I can say almost exactly how many there are though as I have just imported them all into Kore 2 and it tells me I have 3288 patches - take away 100 or so that are duplicated in the Introduction bank (approx as not all are dupes it seems though) and you have well over 3100 patches it ships with.
db3
KVRist
 
248 posts since 22 Aug, 2012, from UK

Postby db3; Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:45 pm Re: Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

This thread raises a good point because the demo is full of moving sounds, choirs and pan flutes! :) The website should provide more detail and examples on the preset banks.

From the limited tweaking I've done, I'm sure Blue2 should be able to deliver some stonking bread and butter sounds.
User avatar
codec_spurt
KVRAF
 
3460 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:34 pm Re: Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

MachineClaw wrote:I've been considering purchasing Rob Papen Blue II.

The product page and videos don't really state how many banks / patches / sounds you get with this VST synth.

One of the NAMM vids Rob stated 2000 sounds and all of Blue I sounds, in another vid Rob stated 3000 sounds.

I'm a preset guy, love synths with tons of presets to play with before jumping into or trying to jump into programming my own or tweaking an existing patch.

can someone give some me some info on number of banks/patches/sounds of Blue II?

Thanks,

(probably should have posted this in the Rob Papen forum but I thought I would start here)



It's all a bit of a mystery really. Rob doesn't say. He teases with superlatives like 'more than any other modern synth', but he never lets the fish off the line.

I have OCD so I had to know, especially after trying it for six hours and still not finding out and then having to f**king buy the thing! It took me another 8 hours to get to the bottom of it.

You are right. Not easy information to find..
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.
User avatar
codec_spurt
KVRAF
 
3460 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:47 pm Re: Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

MachineClaw wrote:I've been considering purchasing Rob Papen Blue II.

The product page and videos don't really state how many banks / patches / sounds you get with this VST synth.

One of the NAMM vids Rob stated 2000 sounds and all of Blue I sounds, in another vid Rob stated 3000 sounds.

I'm a preset guy, love synths with tons of presets to play with before jumping into or trying to jump into programming my own or tweaking an existing patch.

can someone give some me some info on number of banks/patches/sounds of Blue II?

Thanks,

(probably should have posted this in the Rob Papen forum but I thought I would start here)



Don't quote me here. And someone will correct me if I am wrong. But I think that Blue II has most of the sounds of Blue I but updated, and more, and where they can't be updated, they can be imported via a special import preset function.

I might have got that all wrong, but, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't miss out on much. The reason I know? I bought Blue LE and I was wondering about its preset ratio content. I think Le had something like over a thousand, and full Blue over 2000. But Blue II has more than that again.

Put it like this, inc. the import function, there is not one preset included in Blue I that you can not have or use in Blue II as well.

And it is a ridicilous amount.

I might have got it wrong. But they have spent so long building it all in that they forgot to market it. Yeah. I know. Rob Papen. Preseter extraoirdinaire. Maybe he left the check out in the rain too long to the marketing department, and had to divert it to the noodles department for a final meal kind of thing. He suffers for his art! He would be the first to admit sometimes that he goes too far!

He's like some kind of warrior preset designer.

Anyway. Just don't get lost up the river.
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
19906 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:06 pm Re: Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

Actually I've worked out over 1000 patches in the content that ships with Blue II are not by Rob Papen - there are great banks by Jomal, Oddiction and Rob Fabrie for instance (800 just between those 3)

Now I have them all in the Kore database I can work out exactly how many patches there are, including by category or designer
User avatar
codec_spurt
KVRAF
 
3460 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:33 pm Re: Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

aMUSEd wrote:Actually I've worked out over 1000 patches in the content that ships with Blue II are not by Rob Papen - there are great banks by Jomal, Oddiction and Rob Fabrie for instance (800 just between those 3)

Now I have them all in the Kore database I can work out exactly how many patches there are, including by category or designer


I think he meant over all though, didn't he? I mean he is not so far gone that he ONLY wants to know the presets made by Rob? Can I call him Rob?

The Jomal presets are exceptionally good too.

I counted about 4, 5 thousand presets all in all. But that was just my straw poll with a bit of OCD. I could work it out exactly but it would be easier to write a script. It is not that important at the end of the day. It is more than a sane man could get through.

Hell,it is more than a sane man could count!
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
19906 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:44 pm Re: Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

As I said earlier Kore shows 3288 - minus however many are dupes in the introduction bank - that's every single patch imported from the ones it ships with but not including all the other patches I've downloaded for it such as all the DocT patches at KvR (which come to nearly 5000 in total).

The Jomal patches are my favourites
Vectorman
KVRian
 
1027 posts since 6 May, 2005, from Michigan, USA

Postby Vectorman; Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:36 pm Re: Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

I need to boot up my old/replaced recording PC that has Blue on it and see if my serial # is eligible for upgrade pricing (my version may be too old - I think I bought Blue back in 2008). The teaser bank in the demo has several patches that are evocative of a Prophet VS or Wavestation - which is sonic territory that really pushes my buttons - and I'm sure there are a lot more sounds in that vein amongst those 3000+ patches in the full version.
User avatar
codec_spurt
KVRAF
 
3460 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:56 pm Re: Rob Papen Blue II - how many presets/patches??

Vectorman wrote:I need to boot up my old/replaced recording PC that has Blue on it and see if my serial # is eligible for upgrade pricing (my version may be too old - I think I bought Blue back in 2008). The teaser bank in the demo has several patches that are evocative of a Prophet VS or Wavestation - which is sonic territory that really pushes my buttons - and I'm sure there are a lot more sounds in that vein amongst those 3000+ patches in the full version.



Yes you do.

This is serious bizness.
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments