VOS + TDL + VLADG = SlickEQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

valhallasound wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:Still waiting for Sean to finish his Valhalla Win update after his AAX meltdown too... :hihi:
Hey, nothing is more fun than spending most of a year getting plugins to run in Pro Tools, that were ALREADY running in ProTools before June of 2013! WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!! HOOORAY AND ALL THE ELVES AND DWARVEN FOLKE DID SING AND DANCE A MERRY DANCE AROUND THE MAYPOLE!!!!!
I should have known you would see that. :hihi: :party:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Is the saturation the same on all four models or do they differ like the eq curves, too? :)

There are two saturation modules:
One for the EQ if you boost the frequency bands, and one on the output.

They differ in both harmonic position (especially the output stage, though each EQ band can have different harmonics as well - depending on the model and center frequency) and the strength (models: American, British, German, Soviet). Which can be further boosted with the "Calibrate" function (globally by up to +18dB).

Thankfully, that can be activated as needed. So you either can use these EQ's as clean filter with shown courves from a couple of pages back and no saturation whatsoever. Or as "character EQ" with all bells and whistles.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Thanks Compyfox

I was assimilated by the TDR collective. Resistance was futile. :borg:

Check out that brand new and slick bits from the collective!!! :hihi:

peace,
bootsie
follow me on Image

bootsie wrote:I was assimilated by the TDR collective. Resistance was futile. :borg:

peace,
bootsie

Meet der neu Charlie. Just like zee old Charlie!

:borg:

Paul Reed Who?

Ah, Paul Reid Steinberg!

Zat iz wot ze PRZ standz for neu, I mean, now!

Thank you very much, Bootsie, Fabien & Vlad !

bootsie wrote:I was assimilated by the TDR collective. Resistance was futile. :borg:

peace,
bootsie
This has to be the least noisy release note ever. Let me help there

PEOPLE! VERSION 1 IS OUT! :party:
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I DL'ed the Windows exe from TDR page but when I try to open it nothing happens. XP 32 bit.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

medienhexer wrote:

peace,
bootsie
This has to be the least noisy release note ever. Let me help there

PEOPLE! VERSION 1 IS OUT! :party:
:o

Ran an die Buletten! :hihi:

I have just downloaded it and playing with it. So far I like it even more than I thought I would. :D

It is slick, indeed. :D and a bit tricky to use, especially for mixing, however, that's precisely the flavour I always wanted to have - a real console type EQ. I still wouldn't mind at least two types of "Q" on each band and a 2-pole HPF. You really have to master the interactions between the shelves/bells, but the end result is worth it. For mastering, these gentle curves so rule. :P Really smooth sounding EQ. :tu:

I'd say this EQ marks a new kind of progress with in-the-box EQs... :party:

Thank you so much Bootsie, Tokyo Dawn and Vlad! :tu:

edit: I'm on Windows XPSP3 x86
Last edited by DuX on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Anyone else able to install this on Win XP x86? Tried three DL's two from Chrome, one from Firefox. Still nothing happens when I try to run the installer.

I had the same problem A.M. Gold. Try Google Chrome, it downloaded and installed fine with that.

Sorry I see you tried Chrome. I was trying to get the 64bit for windows 7 anyway.

thanks for the release VOS & TDR!

:party:
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Return to “Effects”