ambient piece for guitar (and fx)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

no point putting this here
Last edited by woggle on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

I liked this. I think it's been a while since I heard one of your guitar-based pieces. I seem to remember that you have a Jackson. I love the shifting drone atmosphere on here and the lead lines sound great too. Does your guitar have the sustainiac on it?

Good work :)

lush , and lugubrious , in the sense of melancholy ...
quite impressive ...

thanks seismic1 and experimental.crow

yeah it is the Jackson with the sustainiac - I like it a lot. I haven't played much guitar for a while as I developed arthritis in a couple of fingers a few years ago. But that seems to have settled down so I have pulled the guitar out again, new strings and put a battery in. Much pleasure :)

Very nice contemplative piece. I enjoyed the interplay between the harmony in reverb cloud and the occasional melodic line.

Genetic_Junk wrote:Very nice contemplative piece. I enjoyed the interplay between the harmony in reverb cloud and the occasional melodic line.
thanks Genetic_junk - I was surprised how well the harmonies worked out actually

Genetic_Junk wrote:Very nice contemplative piece. I enjoyed the interplay between the harmony in reverb cloud and the occasional melodic line.
+1 :tu:

Nice & atmospheric.

I like the kinda ghostliness of the guitar bits that pop out of the clouds. Gives it an other-worldy feel.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

thanks hidden goose (and astrochimp) - I can't recommend using a sustainer pickup enough for people who like ambient guitar - probably most guitar styles. They really add something.

I like to listen to ambient guitar, but I can't play to save my life!

I occasionally break out my old knackered acoustic just to get some organic sounds and then process them into infinity, but I do appreciate when people who use it as a soundscaping device and can play it like an instrument too let the actual guitariness through :)
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Moody good stuff arises from the "reverb cloud." It deserves a bump. :)

Really nice track Greg, lovely dreamy atmosphere. :tu:
Image Image

woggle wrote:....I can't recommend using a sustainer pickup enough for people who like ambient guitar - probably most guitar styles. They really add something.
I wish you hadn't said that. I'm thinking of buying a Fernandes. I'm trying to resist :)

thanks frantz and polyslax - 'reverb cloud' it is, forward and reverse :)

seismic1 - The Fernandes is apparently slightly different to the sustainiac the Jackson uses, or was when I bought it. It is very smooth on the transitions between the different harmonics, you can switch within notes and it sounds quite natural (well, it is natural really). A 'must have' guitar for me.

It has that overcast, cloudy weather feel to it. There are some really nice effects going on there. Good work!

Return to “Music Cafe”