VOS + TDL + VLADG = SlickEQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

Yes, you could say that the different models are on the subtle side, if you're only boosting the frequencies especially, but HPF cutting at 140Hz instead of 80 is definitely not a subtle thing. However, I can clearly hear the differences between the different models, too. Maybe trying it on fresh ears in the morning would be the best? :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

anywai I repeat: is the first release
I do not want controversy, but give constructive criticism
I'm sure it will improve even more growing
Probably are distorted my DAW references!!!

cheers

PS: anyway i suggest to developers to pay some attention to the TG channel for future release!

Speaking of different models, now I know that they absolutely DO make a lot of sense. I'd use British or Soviet model for mixing and German or American model for mastering, but just generally speaking.

@Turello, it might be that for some reason SlickEQ doesn't adjust to the sampling frequency you're working in. Really. So the DAW and OS you're working with might matter.
Last edited by DuX on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

A "no installer" version for win is now available from official page:

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Thank you Fabien! There's no installer like no installer. :tu:

I have just the IMPRESSION that hfp at 80 hz kill 6° string (E string), same with E string of electric bass...
This not happens for example with "Sonimus SonEQ" but I must admit that this in the average mid peak and on the shelves is more warming...

PS: Oh, forgive my poor english

Wow, this thing does a hell of a difference - in the good sense (especially for mastering) :) I like the German model, with "MHorse P3" (Master Final) on top - the drums are dragged up front while the whole track gains clarity and depth. Awesome plugin, thanks ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:Wow, this thing does a hell of a difference - in the good sense (especially for mastering) :) I like the German model, with "MHorse P3" (Master Final) on top - the drums are dragged up front while the whole track gains clarity and depth. Awesome plugin, thanks ;)
OMG, I was wondering about "MHorse P3" before I found it in my plugin folder with tons of other (great) TerryWest plugins that I wanted to use for my tracks but then I forgot most of them... :o

The differences between the models are - EDIT: in most cases - quite subtle in my ears, BTW...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

But the sound is great! :love: :party:

@Tricky: you are the most gangsta crazy I have ever known, but now I'm fond ... goodnight! :-D

Thanks! :D

Tricky-Loops wrote:OMG, I was wondering about "MHorse P3" before I found it in my plugin folder with tons of other (great) TerryWest plugins that I wanted to use for my tracks but then I forgot most of them... :o

The differences between the models are - EDIT: in most cases - quite subtle in my ears, BTW...
Yeah, Terry made some really awesome plugins - and IMO MHorse P3 is his best. It's incredible how much it can transform a dull mix without drastically affecting the track. But it's really cool how well it works with "SlickEQ" ;) Before I was using "SlickHDR", but this freshly released plugin is way better for this specific job.

To one's ears the differences may sound subtle, but the effect is quite visible when applied to a full mix.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

So far I really like this EQ. The Auto Gain feature is fantastic. it seems like a great example of something digital can do that would be hard in the analog realm. It really lets you focus on what the eq is doing, rather than on volume matching. This is really useful plugin--thanks very much Tokyo Dawn Labs. If you have a favorite charity in place of payment, let me know

Great work guys, and thanks for the hassle free installer :D

Woot! Congratulations to your first collaboration plug in. Nice job guys. Can´t wait to give it a try. And thanks to D.H.Miltz for updating my initial post. I would have updated it today. :D

A nice and wonderful weekend to all of you guys,
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Return to “Effects”