What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

VOS + TDL + VLADG = SlickEQ

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

DuX
KVRAF

3222 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:55 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

Yes, you could say that the different models are on the subtle side, if you're only boosting the frequencies especially, but HPF cutting at 140Hz instead of 80 is definitely not a subtle thing. However, I can clearly hear the differences between the different models, too. Maybe trying it on fresh ears in the morning would be the best? :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Turello
KVRAF

2348 posts since 6 Jul, 2012, from Sick-cily

Postby Turello; Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:55 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

anywai I repeat: is the first release
I do not want controversy, but give constructive criticism
I'm sure it will improve even more growing
Probably are distorted my DAW references!!!

cheers

PS: anyway i suggest to developers to pay some attention to the TG channel for future release!
DuX
KVRAF

Postby DuX; Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:59 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

Speaking of different models, now I know that they absolutely DO make a lot of sense. I'd use British or Soviet model for mixing and German or American model for mastering, but just generally speaking.

@Turello, it might be that for some reason SlickEQ doesn't adjust to the sampling frequency you're working in. Really. So the DAW and OS you're working with might matter.
Last edited by DuX on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FabienTDR
KVRian

589 posts since 23 Feb, 2012

Postby FabienTDR; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:01 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

A "no installer" version for win is now available from official page:

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!
DuX
KVRAF

Postby DuX; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:02 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

Thank you Fabien! There's no installer like no installer. :tu:
Turello
KVRAF

Postby Turello; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:03 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

I have just the IMPRESSION that hfp at 80 hz kill 6° string (E string), same with E string of electric bass...
This not happens for example with "Sonimus SonEQ" but I must admit that this in the average mid peak and on the shelves is more warming...

PS: Oh, forgive my poor english
idfpower
KVRian

1063 posts since 13 Sep, 2012

Postby idfpower; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:08 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

Wow, this thing does a hell of a difference - in the good sense (especially for mastering) :) I like the German model, with "MHorse P3" (Master Final) on top - the drums are dragged up front while the whole track gains clarity and depth. Awesome plugin, thanks ;)
telurica.eu5.org
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8266 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:27 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

idfpower wrote:Wow, this thing does a hell of a difference - in the good sense (especially for mastering) :) I like the German model, with "MHorse P3" (Master Final) on top - the drums are dragged up front while the whole track gains clarity and depth. Awesome plugin, thanks ;)
OMG, I was wondering about "MHorse P3" before I found it in my plugin folder with tons of other (great) TerryWest plugins that I wanted to use for my tracks but then I forgot most of them... :o

The differences between the models are - EDIT: in most cases - quite subtle in my ears, BTW...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8266 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:36 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

But the sound is great! :love: :party:
Turello
KVRAF

Postby Turello; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

@Tricky: you are the most gangsta crazy I have ever known, but now I'm fond ... goodnight! :-D
Lee702
KVRian

767 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Las Vegas

Postby Lee702; Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:43 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

Thanks! :D
idfpower
KVRian

1063 posts since 13 Sep, 2012

Postby idfpower; Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:21 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

Tricky-Loops wrote:OMG, I was wondering about "MHorse P3" before I found it in my plugin folder with tons of other (great) TerryWest plugins that I wanted to use for my tracks but then I forgot most of them... :o

The differences between the models are - EDIT: in most cases - quite subtle in my ears, BTW...

Yeah, Terry made some really awesome plugins - and IMO MHorse P3 is his best. It's incredible how much it can transform a dull mix without drastically affecting the track. But it's really cool how well it works with "SlickEQ" ;) Before I was using "SlickHDR", but this freshly released plugin is way better for this specific job.

To one's ears the differences may sound subtle, but the effect is quite visible when applied to a full mix.
telurica.eu5.org
momalle3
KVRist

102 posts since 31 Jul, 2013

Postby momalle3; Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:42 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

So far I really like this EQ. The Auto Gain feature is fantastic. it seems like a great example of something digital can do that would be hard in the analog realm. It really lets you focus on what the eq is doing, rather than on volume matching. This is really useful plugin--thanks very much Tokyo Dawn Labs. If you have a favorite charity in place of payment, let me know
camsr
KVRAF

4592 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:45 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = ?

Great work guys, and thanks for the hassle free installer :D
Halma
KVRian

899 posts since 9 Apr, 2012

Postby Halma; Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:49 pm Re: VOS + TDL + VLADG = SlickEQ

Woot! Congratulations to your first collaboration plug in. Nice job guys. Can´t wait to give it a try. And thanks to D.H.Miltz for updating my initial post. I would have updated it today. :D

A nice and wonderful weekend to all of you guys,
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul https://watchthemkraut.wordpress.com/
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects